Shotclock sounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shotclock sounds

Ok this is a bit of a weird question but does anyone know where one would find the typical sounds used in a tournament with a shotclock?
    Like 10 seconds shotclock now in operation, 5 seconds , the counting and so on.

Sorry I don't know but would love an app or something similar to exist that does it all.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

There's a website that let's you type in text and it records it as an MP3 file for you to download in different voices like male/female and natural or robotic. Free with no registration required and very easy to use and I used it to record audio cues for flight simming.
      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
        There's a website that let's you type in text and it records it as an MP3 file for you to download in different voices like male/female and natural or robotic. Free with no registration required and very easy to use and I used it to record audio cues for flight simming.
        Sounds interesting, can you provide a link?

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post

Sounds interesting, can you provide a link?
          Sorry I've been trying to find the website I used but I can't remember the URL and there are so many others I can't find it on Google.

Some text to speech websites are useless and record in low quality or are full of ads but I just tried this one and it downloads in decent quality - https://voicemaker.in/

When you have the audio files you can put them together with video editing software so it counts down in real time. If you're looking at making something to use for matches let me know as I can knock up something if it helps
          www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Found this, interesting but would prefer an app.
            http://gavansnookertimer.com/modes.html

Comment

Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
              When you have the audio files you can put them together with video editing software so it counts down in real time. If you're looking at making something to use for matches let me know as I can knock up something if it helps
              I am a software developer myself so i should be able to make it without problems

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                Found this, interesting but would prefer an app.
                http://gavansnookertimer.com/modes.html
                Hi, this website does not work for me (something like "no google account"?). Contacted the guy, 250 USD free shipping, but with current issue of semiconductors, no delivieries are scheduled of critical parts. They cannot produce currently. Thanks anyway!

Opposite from you, I'd prefer a physical solution, close to this one. Easier for handling in a club, you can just buy one of those clocks and everybody can use it.

Comment

Originally Posted by mr.f View Post

Hi, this website does not work for me (something like "no google account"?). Contacted the guy, 250 USD free shipping, but with current issue of semiconductors, no delivieries are scheduled of critical parts. They cannot produce currently. Thanks anyway!

Opposite from you, I'd prefer a physical solution, close to this one. Easier for handling in a club, you can just buy one of those clocks and everybody can use it.
                  We emailed them, didn't get back to us, so while you didn't get good news, at least you got news.
                  we thought of an app type thing for the shed, thought we could mirror it to the tv.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

We emailed them, didn't get back to us, so while you didn't get good news, at least you got news.
                    we thought of an app type thing for the shed, thought we could mirror it to the tv.
                    He is available via the given contact number, use Telegram or Whatsapp.

App would be sufficient, we have a TV screen, that could be moved for that purpose. Ideal or more convinient would be a solution, that is both: useable for a quick game for three people, and as tournament clock, attached to a bigger screen and audio. I'll wait for Delphi, maybe this will be something worth purchasing as well.

By the way: I tried "programming" some basic functions in scratch (MIT programming concept mainly for kids), but it is not very good (lacks some seconds). At least this is useable on a windows device.

Comment

Originally Posted by mr.f View Post

He is available via the given contact number, use Telegram or Whatsapp.

App would be sufficient, we have a TV screen, that could be moved for that purpose. Ideal or more convinient would be a solution, that is both: useable for a quick game for three people, and as tournament clock, attached to a bigger screen and audio. I'll wait for Delphi, maybe this will be something worth purchasing as well.

By the way: I tried "programming" some basic functions in scratch (MIT programming concept mainly for kids), but it is not very good (lacks some seconds). At least this is useable on a windows device.
                      Thanks F......

Comment

i talked to our club leader tonight, showed what i have already, lotsa ideas to be added, like add sponsor logo's and all, a lot needs to be done on it in the next 2 weeks but he liked what i have so far.
                        I'll try to add some pictures here when i rediscovered what image hosting site to use these days.

Comment

i talked to our club leader tonight, showed what i have already, lotsa ideas to be added, like add sponsor logo's and all, a lot needs to be done on it in the next 2 weeks but he liked what i have so far.
                          I'll try to add some pictures here when i rediscovered what image hosting site to use these days.
                          try this

How to add images to your TSF posts
                          You can use a free image-sharing site such as ImgBB, without registering (you can register for free), to upload your images, you may have to do the “not a robot” checks quickly.
                          ImgBB.com
                          Click on "Start Uploading"
                          Browse to the file and select it, click Open
                          Auto delete image - leave as "Don't autodelete".
                          Click "Upload".
                          Change "Embed Codes" to "BBCode full linked".
                          Hover over the code in the box, a "COPY" will appear, click this.
                          Go to your TSF post and paste.
                          You can repeat for multiple images in a single post.
                          There are other image sharing sites as well.
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

try this
                            didn't really needed the whole procedure but thanks, i just didn't know what site to use since tinypic is gone.
                            Anyway, work in progress, lots to do, here is a early screenshot.

Now added embedded database where i will store data of players, sponsors, configurable shortcuts, list of tournaments etc.

The idea is that you enter players details once, with maybe the ability to print/export a list, maybe sending a e-mail from the application to players selected from the list and of course sort, group, filter and search in that info on screen.
                            When you create a tournament in the application you enter how many players there are by checking a checkbox on a list of all players, and you select who is playing who in the first round.
                            For each tournament (only shotclock type to start with) you can select from the list of sponsors and the logo's of those will be displayed bottom left and right on the screen auto changing every 5 seconds.(could make that configurable too in the tournament window or even per sponsor)

Anyway it's all still rough ideas for now and yes it will take a while to finish.
                            I won't spend 8 hours/day working on it either, since it's vacation, but a few hours here and there.

Comment

Ok this is a bit of a weird question but does anyone know where one would find the typical sounds used in a tournament with a shotclock?
                              Like 10 seconds shotclock now in operation, 5 seconds , the counting and so on.
                              I used freesound.org for free sound samples (non-commercial usage only) and some free websites to read text and convert to mp3. Can provide you the samples, if you still need them.

Comment

Working...
                              X