Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Info about English-Italian snooker players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info about English-Italian snooker players?

Hello,
    I know that probably this may be no the easiest of the questions, mainly because it's related to kind of "obscure" players but I know that here I can find people with valuable knowledges, so I can find something!
    I'm looking for more info about several players, with clear Italian roots, that rapresented England during the '90.
    Specifically these players are:
    - Daniele Zagaroli, that played almost ten years on the circuit from 1993 to 2002
    - Roberto Frezza, that won a match vs a young Neil Robertson 5-1 at the Benson&Hedges Championship in 2000.
    - Sergio Beggiato, rapresented England (all the others here instead rapresented Italy)
    - Claudio Ravagnani, that faced Neal Foulds at the 1991 Mita World Masters

Thank you to everyone that'll share something in order to help me!

Marco

- Daniele Zagaroli - I have 24 hits in Snooker Scene issues, 1992_05 to 1999_06
    - Roberto Frezza - 27 hits in Snooker Scene and Pot Black issues, 1988_08 to 2001_02
    - Sergio Beggiato - 46 hits in Snooker Scene and Pot Black issues, 1987_09 to 2004_07
    - Claudio Ravagnani - 11 hits in snooker scene, 1990_11 to 1999_12

A hit could be a single mention in a match result to a full blown article
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hello Dean,
      Don't know how possible is this, but if you can, I'd like to know if any of those hits on Snooker Scene or Pot Black are articles and not mention of results.
      I hope there is at least some line to know a bit more!

Comment

right, so, I know what I am doing for the rest of the day

Comment

Shotgun... email sent.
          as mentioned most hits are match results, but a few interesting articles.
          Match results are on CueTracker.

Comment

Thank you very much Dean!
            Hopefully someone else can add some more, maybe there is someone that faced these guys or someone that knows them! It'll be great find a way to contact them!

Comment

What a great player Sergio was …never played him but remember him.

Comment

From an article Dean found on PotBlack, I read that he played in the fast, attractive way. I guess that results on pro snooker circuit are not able to describe his talent, especially if you confirm it seeing him in play!

Comment

Originally Posted by Shotgun_25 View Post
                  From an article Dean found on PotBlack, I read that he played in the fast, attractive way. I guess that results on pro snooker circuit are not able to describe his talent, especially if you confirm it seeing him in play!
                  I only really knew him as a young kid coming onto the scene . I was a kid myself but a few years older. Tbh there was loads of kids playing back then who looked like they could do something in the game but for whatever reason didn’t.
                  Drink, drugs or women normally had a part to play at some point though

Comment

Fabio Petroni is a decent snooker player

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

I only really knew him as a young kid coming onto the scene . I was a kid myself but a few years older. Tbh there was loads of kids playing back then who looked like they could do something in the game but for whatever reason didn’t.
                      Drink, drugs or women normally had a part to play at some point though
                      Sometimes even a bigger role than we would like.

Comment

Hello, I know that probably this may be no the easiest of the questions, mainly because it's related to kind of "obscure" players but I know that here I can find people with valuable knowledges, so maybe someone can help me!

I'm looking for more info about several players, with clear Italian roots, that represented England during the '90. Specifically these players are Here: Tennis Hunters.

Comment

Danny Zagaroli is alive and well. He works as a hairdresser in Southampton. Danny is more into billiards nowadays and can often be seen at Chandlers Ford Snooker Club. His nephew is O'Shay Scott, who is one of the most naturally talented young players I've ever seen.

Tim Dunkley (WPBSA coach)
                          http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerdad View Post
                            Danny Zagaroli is alive and well. He works as a hairdresser in Southampton. Danny is more into billiards nowadays and can often be seen at Chandlers Ford Snooker Club. His nephew is O'Shay Scott, who is one of the most naturally talented young players I've ever seen.

Tim Dunkley (WPBSA coach)
                            Hello Tim,
                            Thank you very much for your reply! Do you know if there is a way to contact him?
                            I'd be really interested in have a chat with him! If you can help me, please, send me a private message!
                            Best and wish you happy holidays,
                            Marco

Comment

To update the kind people that helped me here with my research, I was able to find contacts of Daniele Zagaroli and Sergio Beggiato. Still looking forward to more info about Frezza and Ravagnani.
                              Continuing my researches for an essay I'm writing about the connection Italy/Snooker, I found other players, so for who will read maybe there is new material
                              - Carlo Giagnacovo, represented England and was number 120 of the rankings, played from 2001 to 2005
                              - Tony Pierucci, another English that used to practice at the Rainbow Snooker Club in Manchester from some info I found
                              Every help is appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                              X