X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JackRussel
    replied
    Originally Posted by neuronic View Post

Their plan is cash... evening games are more profitable. I'm pretty sure that if Ronnie would've played Yan late and then lost to a fresh Judd Trump a few hours later, he would be all over this issue afterwards. John Higgins is not like that.
    Well, if it's about the cache - no questions

Leave a comment:

• neuronic
    replied
    Originally Posted by JackRussel View Post

Clearly, this is unfair. And it's strange why games are planned that way. It seems that the organizers have their own plans for the game

Their plan is cash... evening games are more profitable. I'm pretty sure that if Ronnie would've played Yan late and then lost to a fresh Judd Trump a few hours later, he would be all over this issue afterwards. John Higgins is not like that.

Leave a comment:

• JackRussel
    replied
    Originally Posted by bluenose1940 View Post
    I think that this has happened numerous times in the past. We have yet another semi-final whereby the winner of the first semi played (in this instance Trump) gets a really nice lengthy rest before the final has to be played, where he can choose to do as he wishes, he can put his feet up and wind down, do a bit of practice if it takes his fancy or absolutely anything that he feels like doing. And then we have the second semi being played, which could go on until very late evening or even into the morning of the day of the final and, they have far less time to prepare themselves.

I have often thought that this us grossly unfair. Anyone else feel the same?
    Clearly, this is unfair. And it's strange why games are planned that way. It seems that the organizers have their own plans for the game

Leave a comment:

• philip in china
    replied
    It does seem unfair, but also inevitable.

Leave a comment:

• vmax
    replied
    There's always the afternoons to consider for the semis, why just evening sessions for both on consecutive days ? seems a bit daft for me, but it's down to the players to get on with it and not faff about over every shot. Whoever won last night had a lie in this morning anyway, didn't have to get up at 4.30 am to go to work like I will tomorow

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    I agree. Maybe have both SF's on at the same time. So, the final has more time. I don't think many would agree to this thought.

Or maybe push the finals to Monday's as there are not many tourneys this year. But, this would be an issue when more consecutive tourneys come up and with the table fitting too.
    Last edited by fkhan; 21 November 2021, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mikee
    replied
    They might have to reschedule the final ,as Yan and Higgins might still be playing in the morning

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Yep I'm with you both as unfair, but it does seem to be part of the deal. You win some you lose some!?! And sometimes the disadvantage goes against, name of the game is to take full advantage of your advantage I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    I agree , but not sure how they could schedule it in this sort of format

Leave a comment:

• bluenose1940
    started a topic Anyone else thinks this is unfair

Anyone else thinks this is unfair

I think that this has happened numerous times in the past. We have yet another semi-final whereby the winner of the first semi played (in this instance Trump) gets a really nice lengthy rest before the final has to be played, where he can choose to do as he wishes, he can put his feet up and wind down, do a bit of practice if it takes his fancy or absolutely anything that he feels like doing. And then we have the second semi being played, which could go on until very late evening or even into the morning of the day of the final and, they have far less time to prepare themselves.

I have often thought that this us grossly unfair. Anyone else feel the same?
Working...
X