No announcement yet.

Cue ball not responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep ,rooms too cold ,changing tempriture is bad ,rooms needs to be set so it’s pretty much the same all the time .If you can see your breath because it’s that cold your rubber cushions won’t last long ,they will harden .You need a steady tempriture in the room or you will ruin your table .

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
      Yeah, the table might be slow due to the environment it’s sitting in. Screwing back will still be possible though, you just won’t get the same reaction as you would on the club table. Under table heat panels will help keep the cloth dry and maybe a thinner cloth, the table fitter should be able to tell you what cloth is on there…?

Other than that it can only be technique. Having a Ronnie style cue action is fine but in the wrong hands can probably be a bit jabby! Try filming a close up of yourself attempting a screw shot, sometimes you can aim low with your feathers but then strike the cue ball higher up through fear of a miscue.
      Will try to upload a video later in work for now I'm going to possibly try my balls in club to rule them out the fitter told my son that cloth was a club cloth but decent his words

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
        Yep ,rooms too cold ,changing tempriture is bad ,rooms needs to be set so it’s pretty much the same all the time .If you can see your breath because it’s that cold your rubber cushions won’t last long ,they will harden .You need a steady tempriture in the room or you will ruin your table .
        Not sure I can achieve a constant temperature will have to make the best of what I've got unfortunately

Comment

I heard a story once about Jimmy White getting the referee to go and warm the balls up in a microwave because they were cold and not reacting properly.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            I heard a story once about Jimmy White getting the referee to go and warm the balls up in a microwave because they were cold and not reacting properly.
            I believe that was Alex Higgins at an exhibition, ok it could have been along with Jimmy White but I am sure it was AH who asked for this to happen
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I believe that was Alex Higgins at an exhibition, ok it could have been along with Jimmy White but I am sure it was AH who asked for this to happen
              Yeah your correct , it was Alex that asked that Dean .

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

It might have been Jimmy telling the story now I think of it. Ahh the old brain!!
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Mike reed View Post

Not sure I can achieve a constant temperature will have to make the best of what I've got unfortunately
                  Do you have any insulation in the building Mike? It sounds like a farm building or something?

Hainsworth cloths apparently perform better in damp, cold environments, combine that maybe with some under table heating and that’s probably as good as your going to get it? I would then cover the bed of the table with a couple of Kingsize duvets (cheap ones from B&M ) that will help protect the cushion rubbers from freezing and going hard in the winter.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

It might have been Jimmy telling the story now I think of it. Ahh the old brain!!
                    Basically you don’t know what your on about?!

Comment

Basically you don’t know what your on about?!
                      Nothing new there then.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Higgins often used to ask for the balls to be put on the radiator in clubs some time before the game when he was doing exhibitions .Think he used to p1ss the refs off in tournaments too by cleaning the balls himself and licking the cue ball ,not recommended these days for obvious reasons

Comment

Higgins often used to ask for the balls to be put on the radiator in clubs some time before the game when he was doing exhibitions .Think he used to p1ss the refs off in tournaments too by cleaning the balls himself and licking the cue ball ,not recommended these days for obvious reasons
                          For a minute there I thought you said he used to p1ss on the balls then lick them

Definitely not recommended

Comment

Do you have any insulation in the building Mike? It sounds like a farm building or something?

Hainsworth cloths apparently perform better in damp, cold environments, combine that maybe with some under table heating and that’s probably as good as your going to get it? I would then cover the bed of the table with a couple of Kingsize duvets (cheap ones from B&M ) that will help protect the cushion rubbers from freezing and going hard in the winter.
                            Hi yes it's an corrugated insulated panel building, roof and walls have 60mm. It's not that thick but it was to expensive to go for thicker and it's pretty air tight

Comment

I have had the balls on a radiator, heat under table, gas heater in room and ironed table and all madke little difference to screw back

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

For a minute there I thought you said he used to p1ss on the balls then lick them

Definitely not recommended
                                That's that other forum mate.....
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X