Smaller ferrule same size tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smaller ferrule same size tip

Let's say 9.2mm ferrule with mushroom tip of 10mm vs 10mm ferrule with a flush 10mm tip, theorically it plays the same right ?

I would say no. There will be more mass behind the 10mm tip on the 10mm ferrule.

Dougie.

Comment

Reason I'm asking is because I bought a 10mm tip cue and I'm struggling with aiming and potting, CB control is totally off as well. Or was it phycological issue?

Comment

Originally Posted by Snooker998 View Post
        Reason I'm asking is because I bought a 10mm tip cue and I'm struggling with aiming and potting, CB control is totally off as well. Or was it phycological issue?
        It might take a session or two to adjust to new cue, fine tuning might take longer.
        Guts over Glory

Comment

If you’ve gone from a 9.2 to a 10mm ferrule then that’s a big jump up .
          Don’t forget it isn’t just the ferrule size that has got bigger but also the thickness of the cue at the tip end .
          If it’s a new cue as well then that combined with a change in ferrule size of this magnitude will affect your game. It’s why when most people get a new cue they stick to the same specs as their previous cue .
          Last edited by Starsky; 5 August 2022, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Yes it's a new cue, I guess I have to put in many days/months to get use to it

Comment

Yes it's a new cue, I guess I have to put in many days/months to get use to it
              Try it for a while and if you still prefer a smaller tip then just get it altered although I would only go down to 9.5 first .

Comment

Purely pschological, a bigger tip should make it easier to find and strike the middle of the cue ball and one doesn't aim with the tip, one aims with the eyes.
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
                X