another question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another question

i was in a chinese snooker and was going for a red. i'm cueing over the brown ball and take my shot . but i feather the brown and call a foul on myself and i also missed the red and hit the black. now i called the foul as soon as i hit the cue ball well before it hit the black what is the ruling on this i gave my opponent 7 anyway but just wondered thanks this is a great site

its the 1st foul unless the black was potted when you hit it.

Comment

Great philosophical snooker question.... When does being chinesed become just hampered
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

It is a foul 7 for hitting the black.

If more than one foul occurs in one shot, the highest penalty of the fouls that occurred is relevant.

If you were Chinese snookered over the black and touched it with your cue, and then the white missed the red and hit the brown, it would still be 7.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
          its the 1st foul unless the black was potted when you hit it.
          In your club maybe??

As statman correctly says its a foul 7.
          Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
          Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

thanks statman keep up the good work

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerboytim View Post
              i was in a chinese snooker and was going for a red. i'm cueing over the brown ball and take my shot . but i feather the brown and call a foul on myself and i also missed the red and hit the black. now i called the foul as soon as i hit the cue ball well before it hit the black what is the ruling on this i gave my opponent 7 anyway but just wondered thanks this is a great site
              Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
              It is a foul 7 for hitting the black.

If more than one foul occurs in one shot, the highest penalty of the fouls that occurred is relevant.

If you were Chinese snookered over the black and touched it with your cue, and then the white missed the red and hit the brown, it would still be 7.
              exellent question and an even more interesting answer ... I'm absolutely sure The Statman is right but (not being an expert) I'd have guessed the first foul was the end of the visit (and hence the foul) ...

Comment

Well yes, if the brown was touched with the cue that does end the turn - but if it was on the final follow-through of the cue as it was about to hit the white (or, obviously, if it was after the white had been hit), then the shot must stand because there would have been no physical way of preventing it from happening.

Comment

yes i hit the cue ball and within a second touched the brown .......plonker lol

Comment

sorry statman i,m the plonker not you ha ha

Comment

Quite a common misunderstanding this one.
                      Although, if the ball 'on' has been missed, surely this is a 'foul and miss'.
                      The Miss Rule states that a player must endeavour to the best of his ability to hit a ball 'on'.
                      The best a player can do is not feather the ball they are bridging over or miss the object ball 'on'.
                      In this instance, I would call "Foul and a miss" with a penalty of 7 points.
                      Some days I'm the statue.
                      Some days I'm the pigeon.
                      Today is a statue kind of day.

Comment

Working...
                      X