Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penalty on this foul please?

This was a real odd one...

I play off of the reds and the white stops near the yellow pocket. Opponent comes to table and when I look up from my seat, the white is in the D. "Hey, how come you are playing from the D?", I ask. "Oh", he says, "Didn't you go in off?". "No".

Seems that he came to the table and mistakenly picked the white up and placed it into the D thinking that I had gone in off and left the white near the jaws for him to move.

So, no one actually saw the foul happen. Therefore is it deemed 'accepted' with no penalty?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Axxe

Foul, ball in hand for you as your friend has caused the white to leave the surface of the table by picking it up. If however he had slid it across the table to the D (you never know he might lol) it would still be a foul however you would play it from where it lies because it never left the bed of the table.

Think thats right
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Selby-Dott scenario. (Or similar at least)

RGC is spot on.
      Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
      Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Yes, RGC is correct.

Comment

Had a similar thing once and I played from ball in hand.

Comment

And the penalty would be four points, eh ?

Comment

12. Penalties

Penalties are:

(b) value of the ball on or ball concerned, whichever is higher, by

(vi) touching a ball in play, other than the cue-ball with the tip of the cue as a stroke is made

So yes, in this case, the penalty is four points.

Comment

thanks thats what I had thought as well ...

Comment

Originally Posted by Souwester View Post
                  12. Penalties

Penalties are:

(b) value of the ball on or ball concerned, whichever is higher, by

(vi) touching a ball in play, other than the cue-ball with the tip of the cue as a stroke is made

So yes, in this case, the penalty is four points.
                  Actually, technically it comes under the next subparagraph:

(vii) causing a ball to be forced off the table.

...which is still the same, ball on or ball concerned, so 4 points.

The (vi) would apply where the ball was touched but not forced off the table, in which case you would play from where the balls come to rest and not the D.

Comment

Working...
                  X