No announcement yet.

Exquisite cues - Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently got an green plate from ADR147.

Top notch cue. Top notch bloke to deal with.

Had offers for the cue but its a keeper.

Comment

Originally Posted by piper74 View Post
      I recently got an green plate from ADR147.

Top notch cue. Top notch bloke to deal with.

Had offers for the cue but its a keeper.
      I also bought a green plate from adr 6 months back, it is as adr told me, you can’t buy better period. Every other person who sees it play is surprised and asks me which cue it is, as it has a lot of power. Though it is a little short, I might just keep it, forever lol. Thanks to Raymond Cohen as well for making such a stunner.

Comment

No offence to adr but he is the only agent for exquisite in UK, so he will say that but having seen the prices I think buying blind at that price you must either have money to burn or simply buying it based on sales talk.

Not saying he doesn't make good cues, but I think the fact he started off on here learning how to make cues with lots of help from a few members and cue makers to now being the so called best cues you can buy doesn't exactly strike me as realistic.

Another one I prefer to put in the bracket of clever marketing, not taking customer orders to create a demand based on making good cues when he started out and obviously cos Higgins uses one and then solely targeting the Asian market as they pay silly money as mostly are only interested in the badge and status of owning cues that are quite rare. How can a reputation of a cue maker be so high when very few people in UK own one!

Fortunately there are plenty of top cues around to buy but personally I wouldn't waste time and money trying to get a cue based purely on a badge. Even with parris ultimate you get what you actually order, with exquisite you only get what he makes and then you have to be lucky to know if adr has any! You are better off getting a Thai cue which most top pros are now doing, even Maguire and McGill ditched their exquisite cues for them. Only Higgins uses one on main tour, hardly a ringing endorsement as the best cues you can buy.

Comment

Didn't Raymond work with Robert Osborne for a few years before going out on his own and then start chatting on here?
          I recall his workshop being started, that was a funny thread
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

That's correct Dean. Raymond worked with Robert for a while to "hone his skills". I seem to remember he got some tips on how to keep the splices even.
            Couple of mates of mine in the club have got early Exquisite cues. From memory they bought them from Raymond around 2012 +/- a year.
            Raymond started off in his mothers garden shed with limited equipment but now has a fantastic workshop of his own with top of the range equipment AND a full size snooker table.

Comment

does he still have the view of the highland cows on the hills?
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

does he still have the view of the highland cows on the hills?
                Ha ha not sure. New one on me. Never visited him personally.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                  That's correct Dean. Raymond worked with Robert for a while to "hone his skills". I seem to remember he got some tips on how to keep the splices even.
                  Couple of mates of mine in the club have got early Exquisite cues. From memory they bought them from Raymond around 2012 +/- a year.
                  Raymond started off in his mothers garden shed with limited equipment but now has a fantastic workshop of his own with top of the range equipment AND a full size snooker table.
                  Why not just buy a Robert Osborne cue - from the original master cuemaker? What makes Raymond so good that he can charge so much compared with Osborne?

Comment

Because he "made!" John Higgins a cue which he is currently using.
                    Last edited by ken147; 9 July 2018, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
                      Because he "made!" John Higgins a cue which he is currently using.
                      Lol ! ..........
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                        Lol ! ..........
                        indeed,

Comment

Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
                          Why not just buy a Robert Osborne cue - from the original master cuemaker? What makes Raymond so good that he can charge so much compared with Osborne?
                          Mate of mine visited Robert in January and picked me up a cue which was close to my spec. Plain ebony butt with Maple shaft. Havn't played much with it so far but feels lovely. Wasn't expensive.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                            Mate of mine visited Robert in January and picked me up a cue which was close to my spec. Plain ebony butt with Maple shaft. Havn't played much with it so far but feels lovely. Wasn't expensive.
                            A lad in our club bought one middle of last year, it's a lovely cue. workmanship looks top notch, has a lovely feel to it.

Comment

Apparently I repeatedly say the word 'lovely'. sorry guys i'm new to the forum

Comment

Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
                                Quick question for you Anish147. Are you saying that Raymond is more expensive than Robert?
                                I'm not up-to-date with cue prices but my gut feeling from the odd check on TSF, e-bay etc is that there's not much difference in prices. Difficult part is to compare like with like. No point in comparing plain ebony Red Plate Osborne with multi-spliced Green plate from Exquisite. Need to compare apples with apples.
                                Do you have any specific examples of price variances. Would be interesting.
                                PS Remember prices you see on e-bay are inflated cos of the extortionate fees!

Comment

Working...
                                X