• Show
Clear All

• What snooker tip is ronnie osullivan using

HI Would like to know which Snooker Tip is Ronnie Osullivan using

Maybe someone knows

Cheers Leonard from Canada

Elk I think

Comment

HI a friend of mine plays snooker with a 14 mm tip and then trims it down to a 10 mm or 9.5 mm he tells me that the tip last longer than a normal 9.5 mm tip and he can apply more English on the Cue Ball than a normal 9.5 mm tip

Was wondering if the Pros in the Uk are using this method also

Maybe some one knows.
      Last edited by the montrealer; 26 February 2014, 07:28 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

Comment

Ronnie use ELK.

Comment

Fairly sure it's Elkmaster, I've seen him checking it a few times recently during various matches and comps like he's not happy with it. Not sure if he has been changing it in between comps, or even matches but likely. Seems to be fibres coming off it, I've had the same problem with last two Elkmasters, both have had a tiny nick in them which I would only notice after a good few games, starts with some fibres coming away then there is a little nick.

Comment

elk i think

Comment

Ronnie uses specially made elkmaster tips, these were originally made just for ronnie but we at coutts cues have managed to secure a deal so that coutts cues has exclusive rights to them along with Ronnie, just like peradon have the rights to talisman. this will be on sale shortly and we will put a post on here once they are available

Originally Posted by the montrealer View Post

Maybe someone knows

Comment

very interesting, how would you describe the difference from the standard Elk?
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by louise sheldon View Post
                  Ronnie uses specially made elkmaster tips, these were originally made just for ronnie but we at coutts cues have managed to secure a deal so that coutts cues has exclusive rights to them along with Ronnie, just like peradon have the rights to talisman. this will be on sale shortly and we will put a post on here once they are available

Originally Posted by the montrealer View Post

Maybe someone knows

Interesting, wonder how different they actually are

Comment

Originally Posted by louise sheldon View Post
                    Sounds like marketing bollocks to me.
                    Do Tweetens have an old craftsman who make tips a certain way to suit Ronnie and no one else, or are they selected and set aside for him by someone who knows what softness/hardness he desires in a tip so that he doesn't have to sort through a box of 50 himself to find the 10 that suits him best.

I thought that Les Dodd did that for him.

I am sure there will be plenty of people queing up to buy Ronnie's magic tips only to find themselves still unable to play any better.

Comment

[QUOTE=vmax4steve;764729]Sounds like marketing bollocks to me.
                      Do Tweetens have an old craftsman who make tips a certain way to suit Ronnie and no one else, or are they selected and set aside for him by someone who knows what softness/hardness he desires in a tip so that he doesn't have to sort through a box of 50 himself to find the 10 that suits him best.

100pc. If thats the case then almost every other person that uses elks will feel robbed as they are marketed as the best they can already be....what tosh. no matter what hardness of elk get a tip press and experiment.

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                        Sounds like marketing bollocks to me.

I am sure there will be plenty of people queing up to buy Ronnie's magic tips only to find themselves still unable to play any better.
                        i gotta learn how to post like you, it must be your straight cueing. to me your becoming the ros of tsf

Comment

They are made slightly different and with no chalk on as anyone who has fitted a tip will know by the time you are done there is no chalk left on the tip but it's all I over the shaft,they are firmer and the actual constancy seems different , these tips are only made after all the lines are clear from a batch of normal elk master tips as the process is different , I think the results speek for its self as Ronnie is playing awesome right now .

Comment

thanks for the info, Dave
                            I know that Skip (Tweeten president) had a chat in the hotel with Ronnie after his Welsh win, I am sure this subject came up
                            How long has Ronnie had these non-prechalked tips from Tweeten, do you know?
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

At an estimate the end of last year

Comment

Working...
                              X