Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mr_rules
    replied
    I actually used to do the exact same thing as a junior and made regular centuries. It came natural and it all boils down to the fact i wanted to hold the cue as light as possible and it developed from there and became very natural. I got told to change it in the end and i decided to listen. Still will never know if it was a good idea to or not...

Leave a comment:

• Ricky2112
    replied
    The young lad I knew said he was not aware that he did this when cueing, I found that hard to believe because of how much he slid the cue.
    So has anybody tried this and if so how did you do?

Cheers Ricky

Leave a comment:

• Catch 22
    replied
    Originally Posted by Ricky2112 View Post
    Lol catch 22, I bet alot of you when you try it will be amazed of the out come, torn cloth, cue threw the wall and no to mention spearing your opponent. Only joking it is an amazing feeling when you get it. Highlights how much you were steering the cue on follow through with your grip before.

Cheers Ricky
    I was playing a guy in a wee friendly game a while back and he does this technique but the cue only slides in his hand about half an inch . He said he is not consciously aware of it during the shot but after the shot he knows he is holding the cue about half an inch further back once shot is complete.

Leave a comment:

• Ricky2112
    replied
    Lol catch 22, I bet alot of you when you try it will be amazed of the out come, torn cloth, cue threw the wall and no to mention spearing your opponent. Only joking it is an amazing feeling when you get it. Highlights how much you were steering the cue on follow through with your grip before.

Cheers Ricky

Leave a comment:

• mythman69
    replied
    Originally Posted by scottley View Post
    I never knew it existed, cant wait to try it and miss by even further lol.
    Still, you may be the only person at the club using this technique to miss.

Leave a comment:

• scottley
    replied
    I never knew it existed, cant wait to try it and miss by even further lol.

Leave a comment:

• guernseygooner
    replied
    I've just seen this thread and it reminded me of something. On my only visit to the Crucible in 93 there was a player called Karl Payne. He did exactly this like the guy in the vid. I remember thinking at the time that he must hold the cue really light.

Never seen it since.

Leave a comment:

• Catch 22
    replied
    Hands up who tried this last night and had the cue slide across the table ..........no ? ..........just me then !

Leave a comment:

• Ricky2112
    replied
    Thanks for that mythman, ye that's how he played but with the cue slipping as much as 3 inches. This young lad played to a high level using this technique and had regular centuries. Thanks for posting the video.

Cheers Ricky

Leave a comment:

• mythman69
    replied
    Just found this . . .

Leave a comment:

• Csmith
    replied
    Sounds like a slip stroke. I've never heard of a snooker player doing this, especially at a high level, but it was used by a few high profile pool players in the early to mid 20th century. Cowboy Jimmy Moore was supposed to have played like this, and I've heard Willie Mosconi also used a slip stroke.

Leave a comment:

• Ricky2112
    replied
    Lol Geordie like it.

This guy had an unusual grip also, his elbow was tucked way towards his back and his grip hand was turned with his knuckles up and his thumb under the cue, truly unique but a fantastic potter. He had amazing cue power and control with extreme side was amazing.
    I have tried it a few times just with my normal grip and it works great on longer pots .

Good luck if you have a shot.
    MIND THE CLOTH

Cheers Ricky

Leave a comment:

• tenzin
    replied
    I will surely try.

Leave a comment:

• GeordieDS
    replied
    I seen a County player called Marc Petty throw his cue down the stairs once , it didn't break either and was very impressive

Leave a comment:

• cyberheater
    replied
    LOL. I'm going to give it a go next time I'm at the table.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X