Free Ball on Colours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Ball on Colours

Hi, Don't know if it's a dumb question but is there such a thing as a free ball when on the colours?
    If so, how does it work? For example we're on the green and my opponent fouled and left the green snookerd, but there is the pink hanging over a pocket. Can i pot the pink, take the 3 points of the green and respot the pink?

thanks

Yes there is such a thing as a free ball when on the colours. In your example, you can nominate the pink as the free ball. Sinking the pink would be worth only 3 points.

Note: you cannot snooker your opponent using the free ball (unless there is only the pink and black ball left on the table).
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Yes you can. Pink counts as an "extra" green.

Comment

Also the sceanrio where the Green is over the pocket, you are snookered on the Green after a foul, nominate the Pink, and cannon the Pink into the Green to pot the Green (3 points, Green stays in the pocket), or pot both Green and Pink (still only 3 points, Green stays in the pocket and Pink spotted).
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

These threads are worth a read:

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ight=free+ball

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ight=free+ball

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
          I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Cheers guys, thanks for the quick answers.
            All clear now

Comment

Working...
            X