X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SnkrRef
    replied
    Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    Montrealer mean 'angled' as they called me on this during the match. I quoted the correct rule about the cushion cannot snooker anyone HOWEVER I added since you have to think like the angle isn't in the way this would be a 'three strikes and you're out' situation with frame awarded to the non-striker.

A foul situation doesn't come into this as it would be obvious non-striker would have the striker shoot again as there is no free ball UNLESS there is a ball between the cueball on ball on which is snookering striker.
    Ah, yes, in an angled ball situation the same criteria apply as for any miss call, but you cannot apply 3.14(c) because there was not a clear path to central full ball contact. F&M can continue to be called until the 'snookers required' stage.

A free ball would only be awarded if angled after a foul if there was an obstructing ball not on which is closer than the curved part of the cushion (the jaw). If, for example, the cue ball is in the jaws of the yellow pocket and the last red is near the black pocket on the yellow side of the table, with a blue near the centre pocket, then that is not a snooker because the jaw is the first obstruction. If the blue was, instead, very close to the cue ball (still in the yellow pocket jaws) such that the blue would be hit before the jaw, then this would be a free ball.

Leave a comment:

• Terry Davidson
    replied
    Hold it, hold it.

Montrealer mean 'angled' as they called me on this during the match. I quoted the correct rule about the cushion cannot snooker anyone HOWEVER I added since you have to think like the angle isn't in the way this would be a 'three strikes and you're out' situation with frame awarded to the non-striker.

A foul situation doesn't come into this as it would be obvious non-striker would have the striker shoot again as there is no free ball UNLESS there is a ball between the cueball on ball on which is snookering striker.

Terry

Leave a comment:

• SnkrRef
    replied
    Originally Posted by the montrealer View Post
    So that means that the referee can replace the cue ball back in its original position snookered by a cushion
    is that correct and call it a miss. You could be shooting at the snookered ball 10 times is that correct

Awaiting your reply thanks Leonard
    Yes! It's no different being 'snookered' by a cushion to being snookered by balls not on.

Leave a comment:

• the montrealer
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Hi Leonard
    Translation please...
    "hooked" I believe is "snookered"
    "band"?
    = "cushion"?
    = "curved face of the cushion"?

see sec2 17 Snookered
    (e) The cue-ball cannot be snookered by a cushion. If the curved face of a cushion obstructs the cue-ball and is closer to the cue-ball than any obstructing ball not on, the cue-ball is not snookered.

And yes, if you miss the ball on, the non-offending player has the right to ask for the cue ball to be replaced and the offending player to try again.
    So that means that the referee can replace the cue ball back in its original position snookered by a cushion
    is that correct and call it a miss. You could be shooting at the snookered ball 10 times is that correct

Awaiting your reply thanks Leonard

Leave a comment:

• SnkrRef
    replied
    Basically the cushions are irrelevant in determining whether you're snookered, and as in any other case when you're snookered the referee can call a Miss if he thinks that a failed attempt to get out of a snooker wasn't good enough.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Hi Leonard
    Translation please...
    "hooked" I believe is "snookered"
    "band"?
    = "cushion"?
    = "curved face of the cushion"?

see sec2 17 Snookered
    (e) The cue-ball cannot be snookered by a cushion. If the curved face of a cushion obstructs the cue-ball and is closer to the cue-ball than any obstructing ball not on, the cue-ball is not snookered.

And yes, if you miss the ball on, the non-offending player has the right to ask for the cue ball to be replaced and the offending player to try again.

Leave a comment:

• the montrealer
    started a topic snooker rules cue ball is band hooked

snooker rules cue ball is band hooked

HI The cue ball is band hooked on the side cushion. There is one red left on the table and i am hooked by the band . I try to hit the red ball but i miss it.

Can the referee call a foul and a miss and put me back from the original position which i was hooked by the band

Maybe some one knows

Thanks Leonard
Working...
X