No announcement yet.

cue oil??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just taking out my cue oil and.i notice it became blurry. Not as clear as a new bottle. Is it being attack by the moisture in the air? Will it be safe to use again?

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
      When applying oil to your cue, apply liberally, leave to soak in for around 10 mins then wipe off all excess oil and then buff, then leave it for 24-48hrs then cut back with 0000 wire wool or 1200 or higher grit wet & dry, buff again to polish then repeat untill the desired finish is achieved
      Why do you need to leave it for 24/48hrs ??
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        The usual culprit for sticky cue is dirty hands, always try to play with clean dry hands
        Question, was the cue originally oiled or was it varnished/lacquered? Oil on top of varnish wont do much as it wont soak through to the wood. It wont damage it but you wont see the benefits that are being discussed in the thread

When you oiled the cue, was it ok and then became sticky, or was it sticky straight after oiling?
        If sticky straight after, then you may have put too much oil on (you will be surprised how little you need to cover a cue) and left too long before wiping off the excess and then allowing to dry. What you can do now, is try buffing with paper kitchen towels and then dry cotton cloths, this could take some time
        If this does not work you could rub down with very fine sandpaper and then buff again.

If ok and then sticky, did the oil thoroughly dry before you tried it? As mentioned maybe it has gotten dirty again, try wiping down with a very lightly moist cloth and dry buff immediately, then buff, buff and more buff
        hope this helps, let us know how you get on
        I think my problem is my hand, I sweat always ~~~~~
        When I just washed my hand, the cue is just smooth as baby's skin but just last for few minutes.... then it become sticky again !!!!!
        I have to wash my hand easily every 7-10 minutes... !!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by kadobau View Post
          I think my problem is my hand, I sweat always ~~~~~
          When I just washed my hand, the cue is just smooth as baby's skin but just last for few minutes.... then it become sticky again !!!!!
          I have to wash my hand easily every 7-10 minutes... !!!!
          I have a smooth lacquer finish on my cue and could never play with an oil finish. Opposite to you, I have dry hands and an oil finish cue is too difficult to grip - it would just slip out. Maybe try a lacquer finish cue at the club and see what happens? Could be that the straight wood contact in your hands could be the issue?
          Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
          My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Working...
          X