Pink and black together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink and black together

Playing yesterday the scores were level with just pink and black remaining. I potted the pink but the white ran round the table and knocked in the black, which was over the pocket. My opponent claimed the same rule applied as if just the black was on the table, i.e. the foul ended the game with him ahead, whereas I thought that both balls should be replaced on the table and the game should continue. Anyone know who was right, and what in the rules covers this situation? I can't find anything specific.

Both balls are to be replaced after this situation.
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Yeah, both balls re-spotted. 7 Point foul. Your opponent can send you in again or they can play.

What did you decide to do? Who won in the end or did it end in tears?

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

By your opponents logic, if you pocket the first of fifteen reds and happen to knock the black in too, is that end of frame? The rules quite clearly state that when only black remains on the table, the first pot or foul ends the frame (unless scores are then level, in which case there's a respotted black).

Comment

SnkrRef - ah, but the black was the only ball on the table as the pink had been potted
          rh1968 - the rule your friend is relying on (as SnkrRef states) only applies after a stroke had been completed, i.e. all balls have come to a stop and then the black is the only ball remaining on the table. The cue ball and then the black were still moving, so it was still the strike on the pink, so the rule does not apply.
          As has been said, Foul, seven penalty points, both balls spotted...
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thanks all, much appreciated! Mythman - we're playing again next week and agreed I would find out the rules and if I was right we'd finish the game with both balls respotted - the white stuck in the jaws of the black pocket so we can recreate it quite easily!

Comment

Originally Posted by rh1968 View Post
              Thanks all, much appreciated! Mythman - we're playing again next week and agreed I would find out the rules and if I was right we'd finish the game with both balls respotted - the white stuck in the jaws of the black pocket so we can recreate it quite easily!
              Cool - let us know the result.
              My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by rh1968 View Post
                You can then claim the frame for gamesmanship, it shouldn't take him a week to play a shot!

Comment

Working...
                X