What are O'min snooker cues like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are O'min snooker cues like?

Hi, just wondering if anyone has used or heard about O'min snooker cues. What are they like? Looking at a O'min Climax.

Thanks

Yeah my mate has had a few. Nice cues
    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Depends on the grain and shaft quality. I have seen some bad ones. Don't know where you are, but if you are near Greenbaize, I have a superb cue from them (sourced out of thailand). Nichecues might be a worthy consideration as well.
      Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
      My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Genuine O'min cues (from Thailand) are great. Lots of Chinese fakes about. There are also some very decent O'min cues made in China that are well worth their price and worth a look.
        Adr147 on here has some very good examples at a great price. Send him a message.
        "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

every single cue is different regardless of maker - try and judge the cue on the cue rather than the maker with these brands. the ones i have a great value for money.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

there **** dont get one . i hit the red on my first break andthe cue split into 1648565 spruce wood chipping pal so dint bye one. im off byeeeeeeeeeee.

ps there the same shape as dennis taylors ankle bone

Comment

Originally Posted by Bladebot22 View Post
              there **** dont get one . i hit the red on my first break andthe cue split into 1648565 spruce wood chipping pal so dint bye one. im off byeeeeeeeeeee.

Think you are on the wrong forum mate

Comment

Originally Posted by Bladebot22 View Post

snooker players, what you gonna do with them

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  Think you are on the wrong forum mate
                  Think he's on the wrong planet, or the wrong tablets, never mind the wrong forum.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Let me clear a few things up regarding O'min cues.
                    The Chinese O'mins in my opinion are probably the best value cue out there at the moment and although some may be inferior
                    to O'min Thailand, its certainly not by the amount some would have you believe. Some of the shafts are incredible for the price.

The ironic part is this :

In 2010 O'min cues China registered a UK patent for cues with the O'min brand and own the Intellectual Property rights (you can check this on the UK gov site)

This means that any cues that carry the O'min badge being retailed in the UK are not legal if they have come from Thailand.

Now anyone who has a shed full of O'min cues from Thailand who retails in the UK may not like this but I'm afraid its the truth and its there in black and white and Id like to thank one of them for bringing this to my attention

Comment

What are O'min snooker cues like?

o'min.
                      in thailand they are very angry of the Chinese as o'min origins from the thailand factory (o as name and min as minbury location thailand.) if you look at his website he goes out around thailand to look for the wood himself. only that way he can ensure the quality. due that the Thailand and him also are bot knowledgeable with patents and making a good name, the Chinese decide to make a patent on it to claim in their own.

every shaft that comes out the factory needs to be qualified and pass the inspection of the owner (for the best quality) so I have respect for him.

Comment

I agree, the quality is not in question. The facts are that cues from O'min Chian can be retailed in the UK but O'min Thailand can't.
                        The way it stands, O'min China could potentially take legal action against anyone retailing cues in the UK bearing the O'min logo not manufactured by them or have their stock confiscated by Trading Standards.

Comment

Unbelievable how a copy can kind of become the original.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

As Andrew said, you need to judge the cue rather than the maker. I had a genuine o'min from Thailand and I currently own a chinese omin and I must say the chinese one is the better cue.

Not all o'min cues from Thailand are fantastic cues the same way as not all Parris cues. Woolly Cues or anyone elses are. Sometimes they dont turn out so good but they still get sold.

Judge the cue not the maker.
                            Last edited by Maverick54; 16 May 2014, 01:04 PM.
                            "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              Unbelievable how a copy can kind of become the original.
                              i suspect o'min himself knows exactly what is going on...........
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                              X