Mikewoodridge tips - Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikewoodridge tips - Any good?

Hi, I have recently purchased a new cue off of ebay and it has a mikewoodridge tip.
    I have heard that mike wooldridge tips are simply a better elkmaster. Is this correct?

I'm just wondering whether to go for elkmaster tips or mikewoodridge.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Tizer7724; 10 May 2014, 01:05 PM.

MW tip is better than an Elk in my opinion .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Are they the same softness as elks?

Comment

How soft is an elk? Every tip in a box is different!
        I've always found Mike's original supertips to be the best combination for me, last ages (unlike some of the laminated tips which play equally well), consistent, responsive and don't need a lot reshaping.

That said, I haven't played much with his new blackspin tip but first impression is I don't like it (or at least the one on my cue) as much.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

QUOTE=neil taperell;778363]MW tip is better than an Elk in my opinion .[/QUOTE]
          Compressed Elk master = MW Super tip.

In my opinion a compressed or firm elk plays just as well as a MW super tip.
          Last edited by ken147; 10 May 2014, 03:58 PM.

Comment

But i am too lazy to buy a press and do them myself Ken

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
              But i am too lazy to buy a press and do them myself Ken
              I know Neil. That's why you take your TW to John Parris to do your tips!!! It's quite satisfying when you change a tip on your own cue. I use Trevor's method of holding a sharp Stanley blade and cutting round the excess tip. Check out his YouTube demonstration.

Comment

I've done them before Ken , but i am always worried about damaging the ferrule and me being me , i would have to send it back to Trevor to get a new one fitted !

Comment

yes neil :snooker: i agree u fat stink face , i take my MW to trevor to get mine fitted

Comment

Don't know if you think that it's funny hiding behind a computer and being rude to people ...........makes you a coward in my book .

Please don't comment on any posts like this in future .

Comment

Just play with your new cue...they say a MW Supertip is like getting a good elk every time....and it's true.

Comment

Tizer7724 and Bladebot22 were the same person and clearly on the forum to cause trouble and by breaching the forum rules regarding sock-puppets this person got a ban.

Comment

Hi,

Would you please delete my "JP ultimate" thread as I really couldn't find where to edit the post or send you messages.

Comment

Love the MW tips, taken a bit of getting used to how much to take them down or use as is.

Prefer to take about a third of mine off so as they don't then seem so reactive and I then don't play as much side when I don't need to.

Interested about the tip press's though; what would be a normal amount of turns if that's how it works e.g. 5 turns for a hard tip, 3 turns for a medium tip?

I tend to fit a few tips for other players in the club and have seen the press but not sure whether it is hit or miss?
                            Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                            Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                            Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

They are harder. They are between an elk and a laminated tip. Best tip I have found todate. Improved my game a lot

Comment

Working...
                              X