Snooker rules free ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker rules free ball

HI I have a free ball on the Yellow Ball i nominate Blue Ball as the free ball and i pocket the Blue Ball
    and the Yellow Ball. Is the shot good do i lose points. Or also i nominate blue ball and i hit blue ball and pocket the yellow ball is the shot good

Maybe someone knows this rule

This thread might be of interest:

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ight=free+ball
    "So can I pot the nominated ball and the real ball on in the same shot?

Yes. As long as you HIT the nominated ball first (or simultaneously with the real ball on), then you can legally pot the nominated ball OR the real ball on, or both.

If reds are on the table, you score one point for every red potted, including the nominated free ball.

If the reds are gone, you only score once. So, if you’re on the yellow, pot the free ball and you'll get 2, pot the yellow and you'll get 2 – but pot them both and you'll still only get 2, not 4. If the real colour gets potted, it does not come back, but the nominated ball always will."
    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
      HI Thanks for the information it happened in a real game this afternoon and nobody new the rule

Cheers Leonard

Comment

Originally Posted by the montrealer View Post
        HI I have a free ball on the Yellow Ball i nominate Blue Ball as the free ball and i pocket the Blue Ball
        and the Yellow Ball. Is the shot good do i lose points. Or also i nominate blue ball and i hit blue ball and pocket the yellow ball is the shot good

Maybe someone knows this rule
        Is it a good shot? You haven't given enough information to tell. If you nominate a ball as a free ball then you HAVE to hit that ball first. If you did so and then went on to pot the yellow somehow, then it is a valid shot. You'd score just TWO points, the yellow would stay down and the blue would be spotted.

However, if, say, the blue was hanging over the pocket with the yellow in front of it, and you nominated blue but hit the yellow to cannon the blue, then that would be a foul, as you haven't hit the nominated (blue) ball first.

Comment

Working...
        X