Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about rules! Please help!!

Hello there!

I have just played a frame with my friend and I'm feeling a little guilty about the result. Here goes my query on the rules:

My friend is 1 point ahead with only the pink and the black remaining. The black is sitting tidy over the middle pocket (basically unmissable).

I pot the pink but sink the white as well.

We award my friend 6 points and respot the pink (he is now 7 points ahead).

A few shots later I pot the pink and the black, winning the frame.

(1) Was it incorrect to respot the pink? Should my friend have won at that point? (2) If the score line was the other way around (me one point ahead) then would the circumstances be different? (3) Does it make a difference when you are x amount of points behind/infront in this type of situation as to whether the colour is respotted or not??

Many thanks for any help!

Jon

You made a foul shot playing the pink, so yes indeed it gets re-spotted, the scores are irrelevant as with 2 balls left on the table snookers can still be obtained

Comment

Thanks JRC!

Comment

Originally Posted by Whizzles-Whizzler View Post
        (1) Was it incorrect to respot the pink? Should my friend have won at that point? (2) If the score line was the other way around (me one point ahead) then would the circumstances be different? (3) Does it make a difference when you are x amount of points behind/infront in this type of situation as to whether the colour is respotted or not??
        Yes, you were quite correct in respotting the pink. Any colours pocketed during a stroke in which there is a foul will always be respotted, unless the black is the only colour on the table (unless by doing so the scores are the level).

Because there are two colours on the table and either player could win, maybe with penalty points from snookers, it makes no difference if the score was the other way around, or indeed if the difference in scores was much larger.

Comment

Sure i already said that

Comment

Working...
          X