Is there a definitive size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a definitive size

for Snooker balls and English pool balls (and cue balls for both) and if so where can I find it ? or is there a variation in sizes ?

Yes there is a definitive size for the games.

Snooker balls size is defined in the rules (sec 1.2(a)) 52.5mm with a tolerance of +/- 0.05mm.No difference for the White/Cue ball.

English 8 Ball (World Rules) is governed by World Eight Ball Federation rules/Byelaws:
    Annex A -
    a) Object balls shall be, 2 inches (50.8 mm) diameter and weight of 116 grams, + 2 grams.
    b) Cue ball shall be, 1 & 7/8 inches (47.6 mm) diameter and a weight of 94 grams.

English Black Ball Rules, I would say are the same as for World Rules.
    Last edited by DeanH; 27 May 2014, 01:36 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Most cheap club sets of snooker balls will weigh about 127g Ieach I think, whereas the tournament champion G3 and G1 sets are about 141g each.

The Pro Cup balls for 8-ball pool are all the same size (cue ball and object balls), but not sure what weight they are.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnkrRef View Post
        Most cheap club sets of snooker balls will weigh about 127g Ieach I think, whereas the tournament champion G3 and G1 sets are about 141g each.

The Pro Cup balls for 8-ball pool are all the same size (cue ball and object balls), but not sure what weight they are.
        hi, can you define the difference of what you say here for "Pro Cup", as I have some Aramith Pro Cup cue balls that are 1 7/8" as per my note of b) above.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Is there a definitive size

The pro cup cue ball is smaller than the reds and yellows

Comment

Originally Posted by SnkrRef View Post

Pro cup balls are 2" with the white being 1 & 7/8.

Comment

http://www.stevedaking.com/hustlebox...ed-spot-weigh/ A 3g weight difference with white ball supposedly. Had a lot of bickering about whether to use or not in interleague etc. Not played with pro cup balls but friends say weight difference does effect the way the white ball reacts to screw, side etc.

Comment

Working...
              X