No announcement yet.

Tip tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new, firmer, more consistent, un chalked tip developed by tweetens. I believe only Dave Coutts has the UK supply at the moment. I've used them for approx 1 month, and must say they pretty much do as they say. It is believed that Ronnie has been using them for some time after concerns with the normal elks consistency.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shads147 View Post
      A new, firmer, more consistent, un chalked tip developed by tweetens. I believe only Dave Coutts has the UK supply at the moment. I've used them for approx 1 month, and must say they pretty much do as they say. It is believed that Ronnie has been using them for some time after concerns with the normal elks consistency.
      Nice one. Thanks mate
      WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
      Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
      --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I just received mine today from Stu Green. I will install one on my GBL cue and try it then one will go on my JP Exclusive.
        " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
        " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
        http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

They sure do look the same as mine from Mr Coutts Les. Maybe things have changed re uk suppliers then?

Comment

They sure do look the same as mine from Mr Coutts Les. Maybe things have changed re uk suppliers then?
            Possibly, I have bought numerous items from Stu and trust him so if he says he is shipping the new Ronnie Tips that's what I got. How do like them?

Comment

I like them very much mate. I've only ever used elkmaster so can't give comparisons to other brands. But as said before some elks do struggle to keep consistency out the box. These new ones are pretty much out the box, shaped and played. They require very little knocking in, are consistent and feel firmer playing side compared to plain ball. I only have one left after giving them away to mates after trying mine. I like these tips, they do as they say, good luck with them.

Comment

Originally Posted by lesedwards View Post
                I just received mine today from Stu Green. I will install one on my GBL cue and try it then one will go on my JP Exclusive.
                Is on my cue for about a month.
                Harder & more firm as compare to normal ELK, should be able to last long as after a month still look new.

But not springy as compare to KAMUI MH, will still go back to KAMUI MH.....
                My concern is KAMUI don't last long & too costly !!!!!

Nothing is perfect !!!
                Last edited by kadobau; 30 May 2014, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by kadobau View Post
                  Is on my cue for about a month.
                  Harder & more firm as compare to normal ELK, should be able to last long as after a month still look new.

But not springy as compare to KAMUI MH, will still go back to KAMUI MH.....
                  My concern is KAMUI don't last long & too costly !!!!!

Nothing is perfect !!!
                  I have not put one on yet but it kind of worries me when I hear they are harder then the normal Elk. I have heard other people say they compare to the MW Super tip which is what I normally play with.

Comment

Get one on les, I'm sure you won't regret it. Hard tip? They are not. Play like a good old decent elk? Yes they do. That's about it really mate. From what I have always heard re the MW tips, they are very similar.

Comment

Get one on les, I'm sure you won't regret it. Hard tip? They are not. Play like a good old decent elk? Yes they do. That's about it really mate. From what I have always heard re the MW tips, they are very similar.
                      Tonight I will get one on. Playing in a golf tournament today but will find some time tonight.

Comment

I have just ordered one of these new Elks to try. I hope it's good. The only reason I ever moved from Elk was because the inconsistency just did my head in.
                        Last edited by tedisbill; 30 May 2014, 12:40 PM.
                        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Well I put one on my GBL first and just finished an hour of practice with it. Plays great and yes it does feel a lot like a MW Super Tip. I think this is going to be my tip of choice.

Comment

love the talisman soft, last forever.

Comment

So far I've received four different tips (order softest to hardest):

1. Pool Baron Handmade Calf Hide Cue Tip
                              2. Cannon Blue Velvet
                              3. Normal Elk Master
                              4. Talisman Soft

I would say the Kamui Black Medium is somewhere between the Elk and the Talisman. Can anyone confirm these findings?

Now I just need to work out which one to try first

Comment

Had my last tip on for over 25 years!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

Working...
                                X