3/4 vs 1/2 jointed cues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by kbrown View Post
    Sure thing. If you use the above link and go through each step, it will eventually give you a quote. The quote of my configurationwas £233.
    Will be great to see photos once you get the cue also so we can see the shaft
    Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
    My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Both are just as good for hitting someone with

Comment

Originally Posted by Whirlwind Wayne View Post
        Both are just as good for hitting someone with
        I wish someone would hit you with one and shut you up !!

Comment

Looks like someone hit him with a ban.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Well... No photos yet but a little update on this: I received the cue this week and have had two chances of playing / practising with it. It quite simply is the best cue I've ever held in my hand. From the first shot it felt perfect. There's nothing in the cue that distracts me from making the shot I want to play. It's exactly the way I imagined it. A little heavier cue seems to fit my style bang on...

However I am sending it back as they did not include the butt end joint for screw on extensions. Turns out they don't do this automatically if you're not ordering an extension with the cue. I already have a Peradon mini butt and a telescopic extensions for my old cue. Should have told them about this when I made the order. Anyway after a few emails with their helpful customer services they offered to add the joint for me free of charge. I'll post some photos of it after I get it back!

Comment

Well... No photos yet but a little update on this: I received the cue this week and have had two chances of playing / practising with it. It quite simply is the best cue I've ever held in my hand. From the first shot it felt perfect. There's nothing in the cue that distracts me from making the shot I want to play. It's exactly the way I imagined it. A little heavier cue seems to fit my style bang on...

However I am sending it back as they did not include the butt end joint for screw on extensions. Turns out they don't do this automatically if you're not ordering an extension with the cue. I already have a Peradon mini butt and a telescopic extensions for my old cue. Should have told them about this when I made the order. Anyway after a few emails with their helpful customer services they offered to add the joint for me free of charge. I'll post some photos of it after I get it back!
              Well done! Good to hear you like the cue. That's important.

Comment

Got the cue back today. Here comes the photos:

kbcue4.jpg
                kbcue3.jpg
                kbcue2.jpg
                kbcue1.jpg

Cheers,
                Kari

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16592[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]16593[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]16594[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]16595[/ATTACH]

Cheers,
                  Kari
                  Very nice cue and looks like nice shaft grains as well. Well done on the purchase.

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
                    Very nice cue and looks like nice shaft grains as well. Well done on the purchase.
                    Thanks man! It definitely is a keeper. Feels nice to play with!

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16592[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]16593[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]16594[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]16595[/ATTACH]

Cheers,
                      Kari
                      Looks like a very nice cue. I'm glad you are happy with it.

Comment

Will a half jointed cue be stiffer than a three quarter, as a general rule?
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                          Will a half jointed cue be stiffer than a three quarter, as a general rule?
                          I'd say so as the joint itself won't flex and shorter shaft in front of the joint is naturally stiffer than a longer one. Don't think the cue bends behind the joint much. This cue has 0.5mm wider tip than my old cue so I'm guessing it's contributing to the overall stiffness too.

Anyway... Last Tuesday I was practising straight shots with my old cue with a rather tricky routine I learned in a coaching session I had with John Woods (thanks John if you're reading!). I put a red on the blue spot and the cue ball on the brown spot. The idea is to hit the red in dead center let it bounce back from the black cushion and hit the cue ball again. I got 0 out of 10 with my old cue. With the new cue today I managed to get 4 out 10 which I'm pretty happy with. I only tried once in each session...

Comment

Working...
                          X