Potting Angles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    well if your earning a few quid from it then she won't but if not, then its only a matter of time till she starts grabbing you by the ear
    Yes I've had my ear bent about it. I take it you have too?

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
      Yes I've had my ear bent about it. I take it you have too?
      yeah just a bit, ive got the play pen too the right of me in the kitchen. its not an easy potting angle

Comment

J6 I saw this thread when it originally was posted and looking back at some of the illustrations you put up, I had a slight issue with some of the angles to white comes off the cushion. I always though that a free rolling ball with no side spin will come off the cushion at the same angle it went into it. I thought that some of the lines you put on seemed narrow

I added a couple of arrows to one of your drawings to explain.

snooker_green2.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
          J6 I saw this thread when it originally was posted and looking back at some of the illustrations you put up, I had a slight issue with some of the angles to white comes off the cushion. I always though that a free rolling ball with no side spin will come off the cushion at the same angle it went into it. I thought that some of the lines you put on seemed narrow

I added a couple of arrows to one of your drawings to explain.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16479[/ATTACH]
          thanks for that, i take it you've tried those 1/4 ball shots and you found the angles you just put up? if you did i don't think you were rolling them in plain ball center of the white

Comment

not rolling in the sense top spin, just centre ball striking, medium pace so when it comes off the cushion its rolling, I would say the black ball one is closest to what I put up. the green can vary.

but saying that I might not be hitting it exact every time. all I am looking at from the images is what the theory says under ideal conditions that a naturally rolling cueball should come off the cushion at the same angle it went in to it.

I still have a lot to learn when it comes to understanding cueball deflection angles and your illustrations are a very good pointer to use as a visual aid.

Comment

center ball striking when the object ball is close enough to the cue ball you can create a stun effect, so on that quarter ball black you could end up in the green pocket. i think you might find my line if you tried cueing the white just above center. but listen if your finding another line more power to you just try and do it three times in a row and log it in the memory cabinet.
              Last edited by j6uk; 11 June 2014, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Warning: this feels stupid.
                how i learnt my potting angles
                i use ghost ball method
                i just used some ping pong balls to do potting angles at home. Then use my cue (if you dont have a real cue use a pencil maybe) to get the “object ball” to hit something

Um I know its stupid but it made me have a break of 18, at least. Although the best is the practice at real snooker tables of course. This method (you can use any ball) is just for home and “satisfying” me own snooker want...

Comment

Working...
                X