Playing with one eye dominant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
    I respect what you are saying and in hindsight, it's unprofessional and unfair of me to attack j6 back. But I felt I had no other choice at the time as I was acting in defense - to some comment I can't even remember now. So for that I apologize. However, I don't challenge EVERYONE to a match. That's the first time I had to defend myself and it was done in a very immature way. It's done and let's move on.

I have stated and will continue stating my own opinion as I see fit. There are no regulations on this forum except to avoid threats, and profanity. I'm a self proclaimed teacher based on my own experience and ability as I feel I have at least something to share with someone that's new to the game. I have shown plenty of younger players my own interpretation or helped them in some way at the club. I write a blog and I enjoy sharing my ideas. I'm not certified or regulated as there is NO such thing in snooker at the moment. I do have people that have asked me for help and I have freely shared whatever I can to help them within the limited capacity of emails, private messages, and video reviews. For the most part, students say they learned something. That's enough for me to keep sharing ideas and discovering more about this game.

One thing everyone should understand about this forum: It's FREE to read and PARTICIPATE. There are no rules about who can post comments and replies - except that threats and profanity are not welcome here. If you ask a question in the coaching section, expect to get differing points of view, and then be prepared to MAKE UP your own mind. Expect discourse and disagreement, and even occasionally, a few bruised egos.

I appreciate your apology, and I hope j6 does too. (I can'nt and I'm not in a position to decide for him). I read somewhere, j6 said he enjoys your posts.
    In my opinion, he also says good things about you.
    Personally, I will be glad if you talk wiht j6 about this misunderstanding. (In private).
    But that is only a request. If you do'nt want to do it, than it is your choice.!!!

Comment

Nevermind dominant eye positioning, now I want to hit you lot between the eyes with my cue!

Oh wait.....

Comment

Ramon:

Here is what vmax said (out of the blue and to someone else who responded to my post, see post #10)

'Pop around to Neil's house and tell him he's doing it all wrong, tell him Terry said so. Tell him that if he cued centre chin he would have made two hundred centuries last season and been world champion as well.'

Now if that isn't sarcasm I don't know what is and all I said was 'I don't appreciate your sarcasm'. I didn't criticize vmax nor did I give any negative comments unlike his comments on my unsportsmanlike conduct during the match and (my God) me missing my match blue ball.

I am not a perfect player but if I could play the way I coached I would be a much better player but I just don't have it in me. People regard Frank Callan as the best coach of all time (including j6uk) but even he only ever won his county championships when he was younger and my record is exactly the same although I won the Leicestershire County Championship, but way back in 1986.

Besides that, I see you are a friend of j6uk so maybe you are just a little bit biased?

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

ive never said hes the best coach of all time. i did not know frank and have only read his work. but i do remember saying to tel 'not to miss quote him' and 'how can you compare yourself to frank', though i see you've done it again. thing is frank callan played to a high level in his day and was in and around the top pro's like joe davis. he went on to work with some of the legends of snooker in davis, hendry to name a few. whereas so far terry worked with legends of tsf in sid and les

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk
            ive never said hes the best coach of all time. i did not know frank and have only read his work. but i do remember saying to you not to miss quote him and how can you compare yourself to him, though i see you've done it again. thing is frank callan played to a high level in his day and was in and around the top pro's like joe davis. he went on to work with some of the legends of snooker in davis, hendry to name a few. whereas so far you've worked with legends of tsf in sid and les
            Well, I apologize to you for taking Frank's name in vain. I was only trying to make a comparison with our similar records. I don't remember Frank playing as a pro but I have seen photos of him with Steve Davis and I did hear Hendry went to him when he first turned pro.

The point I was making is a good coach doesn't have to be a great player as I would hesitate to call Frank one of the great players like Joe Davis or Steve Davis.

And you did say I was completely wrong (or in other words lying) regarding the tip sheet from fcsnooker written by Frank as you said I made it up myself. Finally I had to post a copy of it to 'prove' to you it was genuine (actually I shouldn't have bothered). You also didn't believe me regarding my record back in the 80's and other people posted the article of me winning the county championship and other tournament results.

But again of course this is all just a joke so no harm done as I've posted the smiley face for you.

Terry
            Terry Davidson

Comment

you miss quoted frank to suit you then when i questioned it, you tried to style it out

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                you miss quoted frank to suit you then when i questioned it, you tried to style it out

Here is a copy of the drill. Point #7 says 'firm up the left side of the body'. This drill comes directly from fcsnooker and I was told written by Frank and has no edits or alterations from me.

What do you think he means by firming up the left side of the body? My understanding was pretty straight forward I thought although I'm not certain what you mean by 'style it out', would you please explain that one?

Terry
                Terry Davidson

Comment

oh yeah this was from someone called duncan. these words are not from franks site or from his book.
                  he's never said lock the shoulder or brace the shoulder
                  for anyone who's interested here's that thread:
                  http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...t=frank+callan

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]16491[/ATTACH]

Here is a copy of the drill. Point #7 says 'firm up the left side of the body'. This drill comes directly from fcsnooker and I was told written by Frank and has no edits or alterations from me.

What do you think he means by firming up the left side of the body? My understanding was pretty straight forward I thought although I'm not certain what you mean by 'style it out', would you please explain that one?

Terry
                  Last edited by j6uk; 17 June 2014, 02:53 PM.

Comment

So you're saying since it isn't on his website or in his book that it's fake? What do you think 'firm up the left side of the body' means? The left leg and bridge arm are bent so you can't firm them up and since I couldn't ask Frank I think he meant firm up the left shoulder (as Joe Davis put in his book when he said 'thrust out the bridge arm as far as possible', although Frank maintained the bridge forearm should be bent slightly).

But alright, I confess. It's so easy these days to fake something with computers. I just copy/pasted their letterhead and logo, made up the drill list and typed in Duncan's signature block (Duncan was who answered the phone but I don't know if his full name was Duncan Callan or not). A quick scan and you're done.

But, please answer my question as I don't understand your 'style it out' comment so would you please clarify that for me, remembering of course I am from a foreign country and need a simple explanation even though English is my first language.

Thank you,
                    Terry
                    Terry Davidson

Comment

But alright, I confess. It's so easy these days to fake something with computers. I just copy/pasted their letterhead and logo, made up the drill list and typed in Duncan's signature block (Duncan was who answered the phone but I don't know if his full name was Duncan Callan or not). A quick scan and you're done.

Thank you,
                      Terry
                      well done tel, this is a good start. your welcome to come out about anything else, when your ready

Comment

Do what I say and not what I do is the mantra for all coaches in any sport.

Terry
                        Which is precisely what I posted and you saw fit to have a nasty dig back at me. You can't take any form of criticism Terry.

BTW, the reason for the emoticons is to put an emotion to the printed word, so if I'm making a light hearted statement then that's what I do. I do apologise for not putting a emoticon on my post that you highlighted in red, but as you picked up on my sarcasm anyway it wasn't really neccessary as by then I was a little p1ssed off with your attitude and I didn't really care.

I'll be more careful in the future :chargrined:

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                          Which is precisely what I posted and you saw fit to have a nasty dig back at me. You can't take any form of criticism Terry.

BTW, the reason for the emoticons is to put an emotion to the printed word, so if I'm making a light hearted statement then that's what I do. I do apologise for not putting a emoticon on my post that you highlighted in red, but as you picked up on my sarcasm anyway it wasn't really neccessary as by then I was a little p1ssed off with your attitude and I didn't really care.

I'll be more careful in the future :chargrined:
                          Although I'm sure you'll disagree, putting an emoticon on a statement doesn't make it OK. In comparing your comments later on after my 'sarcasm' post I think you by far won the nastiness battle. Yes, I did get frustrated with that one snooker I tried to escape and after 8 or 9 attempts I came to within an inch and gave up a free ball. I set up the same shot and managed to hit the red after 12 attempts, so 11 misses with 3 of them hitting the black for a loss of a total of 53 points. Now I find that really frustrating and the head referee afterwards said 'it was an EASY 4-cushion hit you just didn't see it' and frankly I didn't think I could hit it off 4 cushions but I eventually did on my table, so technically he was right and I suppose I got overly frustrated over nothing as every player should be able to take a loss of 53 points in stride and not get frustrated even though the frame would be over. note the emoticon

Terry
                          Terry Davidson

Comment

Ramon:

Here is what vmax said (out of the blue and to someone else who responded to my post, see post #10)

'Pop around to Neil's house and tell him he's doing it all wrong, tell him Terry said so. Tell him that if he cued centre chin he would have made two hundred centuries last season and been world champion as well.'

Now if that isn't sarcasm I don't know what is and all I said was 'I don't appreciate your sarcasm'. I didn't criticize vmax nor did I give any negative comments unlike his comments on my unsportsmanlike conduct during the match and (my God) me missing my match blue ball.

I am not a perfect player but if I could play the way I coached I would be a much better player but I just don't have it in me. People regard Frank Callan as the best coach of all time (including j6uk) but even he only ever won his county championships when he was younger and my record is exactly the same although I won the Leicestershire County Championship, but way back in 1986.

Besides that, I see you are a friend of j6uk so maybe you are just a little bit biased?

Terry
                            NOT biased,,, maybe a bit selfish.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Btw, I agree with vmax. eye domination is not a nonsense.
                            So what? does that make me a friend of vmax.? or as you said, a friend of j6?
                            I also agree with you on many other things you said hier on the forum.
                            The idea is you come here and talk about snooker, so that we can learn something from you.
                            I hope that is'nt too much to ask.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ramon said...'The idea is you come here and talk about snooker, so that we can learn something from you.'

Original Source: Playing with one eye dominant http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz34zScUZUv
                              - TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk
                              Follow us: @TheSnookerForum on Twitter | TheSnookerForum on Facebook

You make it sound as if I'm SUPPOSED to come onto the Forum and give out advice which you can use. That is not my idea as I do snooker coaching for a living and whether I'm right or wrong and whether you agree with me or not you are still getting all that info for FREE.

So it's not costing you anything but don't get the idea that you're ENTITLED somehow to receive any advice from me. If you were paying my fees then it would be a different matter.

Terry
                              Terry Davidson

Comment

I'm very sorry you feel that way about what I said. And I'm grateful for what you doing here.!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X