Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue length

Hi,

I am 178cm tall and using a 57.5 inches long cue, however, I still feel it's a little bit long, but the cue maker told me people with my height usually use 57-58 inches cue, I was thinking if it's alright to short my cue to 56.5 inches long

Thanks

I'm 5cm shorter than you and I'm playing with a 58" cue. The cue length has never been a problem to me. I just move my grip hand to adjust the length depending on the shot I'm playing...

Comment

then the diameter of grip position will be much smaller

Comment

Originally Posted by cheneyxuu View Post
        then the diameter of grip position will be much smaller
        No it won't, if you are only an inch or so from where you hold it now, i doubt it will change

Comment

Originally Posted by cheneyxuu View Post
          Hi,

I am 178cm tall and using a 57.5 inches long cue, however, I still feel it's a little bit long, but the cue maker told me people with my height usually use 57-58 inches cue, I was thinking if it's alright to short my cue to 56.5 inches long

Thanks
          57 is fine. if you start chopping bits off your cue it changes the resonance of the cue and can move the balance point. if you like feel and vibe of the cue but your'd ideally like it a little shorter, id leave it if i were you.
          if you can't find form you'll regret it if you take it out on your cue but good coaching you'll never regret

Comment

I'm 178cm too..... I'm using 56" & don't really hold till the end of butt......

Comment

The length of a cue should be a length you are comfortable with eg I am 170cm tall and use a 53" cue, some refer to it as a toothpick however 17oz 53" 10mm tip is perfect for me .... and I played No.1 for 8 years in my club and won 95% of matches played.

Comment

Wow that's a record and a half Blinky, nice one.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Hi Cheneyxuu, I came across a video on youtube. Do you own the amboyna burr and ebony spliced ultimate cue?

Comment

hi, yes its 2305

Comment

Working...
                    X