Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it make sense to have your own balls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    Yeah seen that Peradon case, looks really nice too

Would you say the 3Gs are enough or now that we have the option to buy the 1Gs it'd be silly not to get them instead?
    When I had my normal TC balls they were all within 1G anyway lol, so save your money they will be good enough. I now play at a club where they are supplied so sold mine a while ago. Will never ever go back to my old club as the owner had no idea how to run the place, was more interested in the real ale side of the business, eventually all the players in the top 2 teams left

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      really I think no one can definitively feel the difference between a 3g and a 1g
      Sorry to sound stupid (new to this, snooker that is, not to being stupid) is that just from handling them or could one notice a difference from actually playing them? Would they react any different?
      GBL C8 1pc | 58" 18oz 9.5mm 29.9mm BP=17" | Ash Shaft + Burrwood, Lacewood, Ebony Splices | Buffalo Diamond Plus Tip

Comment

Does it make sense to have your own balls?

I did mean playing and seeing feeling a difference between 1g and 3g

but you will see/play/feel difference by you new set from the club sets which are probably lighter and chipped
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Excellent, thanks guys, will likely get the 3Gs with the nice case then, unless I magically find a wodge of cash down the back of the sofa
          GBL C8 1pc | 58" 18oz 9.5mm 29.9mm BP=17" | Ash Shaft + Burrwood, Lacewood, Ebony Splices | Buffalo Diamond Plus Tip

Comment

If you have TCs or 1gs and want a cheap but really good case, get a small Keter toolbox. It takes all the balls and you can use the flip-top compartments for chalk, tip file, meter money, glue, tips, a blade, ball market, etc. Tooled up. lol

Comment

I have my TCs still in the cardboard box, I put that in a laptop bag , sandpaper chalk cloth etc in the pouches of the bag, jobs a goodun.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                I have my TCs still in the cardboard box, I put that in a laptop bag , sandpaper chalk cloth etc in the pouches of the bag, jobs a goodun.
                Not a bad idea, cheaper too

Comment

if you keep your balls in the original case, duct tape the whole case when it is closed, use a sharp utility knife to cut it open and you will not have to worry about it falling apart or getting wet..... Cheers
                  I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

I don't have my own set, usually ask for the match balls to practice with.

I got given a set of normal club balls the other day, set the balls up for a line up took one look at the miscoloured chipped cue ball and asked to swap them, the owner of the club looked at me as if i'd just drowned his cat!
                    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
                      Not a bad idea, cheaper too
                      Makes you look clever when going out to the car, ooh look that fella must know quite a bit about computers he's never without that laptop lol.
                      Tom our club doesn't have match balls, they are all premiers, saying that it doesn't have cloth near most of the pockets.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Makes you look clever when going out to the car, ooh look that fella must know quite a bit about computers he's never without that laptop lol.
                        Tom our club doesn't have match balls, they are all premiers, saying that it doesn't have cloth near most of the pockets.
                        When I walk in to club I'm just hoping to play ok, otherwise you look like the wally with all the gear and no idea lol

Comment

The box is a pain, putting the balls back in one by one, taking them out one by one. I just chuck mine in me toolbox. Then I flip the lid and pour them out on the table. No messing around; that trades look. Like, he's fancy bringing his own balls but he ain't stuck up. lol

Comment

Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
                            .... I just chuck mine in me toolbox. Then I flip the lid and pour them out on the table. No messing around;...
                            I suppose that's one way to ruin them

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                              I suppose that's one way to ruin them
                              They're pretty hard my 1Gs, phenolic resin, much harder than a plastic box. You also have to remember than hitting one ball on to another is going to do a million more times damage than them sit next to each other in a box or pour them out on to a soft cloth. Most of the cleaning and polishing we do to balls is down to the destructive contact we hit them with on the table.

Comment

Are you just trolling the boards?

Jeez, you don't half spout some sh!te, aye!... Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X