Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the different to the size of cues tip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the different to the size of cues tip?

Hi everyone,

This my first topic so I'm sorry for language.
    I would like to know :
    How does the different to the size of cues tip?
    What's the size is better?
    Smaller can control better than bigger?

Add more
    How to choose the cue strong or soft?
    Thxxxx
    Last edited by bassociety; 5 August 2014, 06:52 AM.

welcome to the forum.

the basic rule would be a larger tip gives you more accuracy and a smaller tip more spin.

generally snooker tips start around 9mm but you will find most play with 9.3mm -10mm . you may get the odd person using less than 9mm but not recomended.

i think if you are starting try in the middle size and go for a 9.5mm and just experiment going larger then smaller.

you should find that different makes too make a difference, due to how they are made , soft or hard , laminated or pressed. there is no basic one that fits all, so just buy a few until you can find the one that suites your game.

with regards to cues, again this is personal choice and no one can recommed which is best, a whippy cue deflects more but can give you a lot of spin where as a stiffer cue deflects less and might give you more control. so again its personal choice. if you are a complete beginner you will have to try a few.

best if you can find a supplier who has a store with a table so you could try a few before you buy. i would not go overboard and splash out on a custom made to start with until you know what really suits you. just get a cheap one and experiment.

i'm telling you some spend years playing and keep changing tips and cues all looking for that holy grail which they may never find.

Good luck
    Last edited by alabadi; 5 August 2014, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Sensible advice!

Comment

Working...
      X