Cue balance question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    Some very nice posts there Ramon, I wish there was somewhere near me to go and try cues out, otherwise how do you ever find out what is the right cue for you?
    Very interesting op, Catch22, I have always thought I need a longer cue, and a bit further forward balance , but that may not be the case if my cue was the right length.
    The money I have wasted over the past year from buying cues blind and selling at a loss. It would have been cheaper to book a flight/hotel and spend a day at Greenbaize.

Comment

... I wish there was somewhere near me to go and try cues out, otherwise how do you ever find out what is the right cue for you?.....
      You could do what i did, (altho i went too far lol), i bought cues in various weights, lengths, tip sizes, woods, joint styles, & balance points etc, and eventually found out i like fairly standard specs of 58", 9.7, 18.3oz, 17.5" balance point in ash. Then i started selling them off and got hooked searching for more and more cues

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
        The money I have wasted over the past year from buying cues blind and selling at a loss. It would have been cheaper to book a flight/hotel and spend a day at Greenbaize.

Sometimes you have to make do with the tiny fish before you land that great big lovely salmon

JRC and others just addicted to fishing now

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          You could do what i did, (altho i went too far lol), i bought cues in various weights, lengths, tip sizes, woods, joint styles, & balance points etc, and eventually found out i like fairly standard specs of 58", 9.7, 18.3oz, 17.5" balance point in ash. Then i started selling them off and got hooked searching for more and more cues
          I would be homeless, skint and single lol.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
            Dead right mate but hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Comment

I would be homeless, skint and single lol.
              Those ranged from £1 on the left to £210 for the Parris, they were arranged in order of how much i paid for them lol
              Most of them very very cheap

Comment

Some very nice posts there Ramon, I wish there was somewhere near me to go and try cues out, otherwise how do you ever find out what is the right cue for you?Very interesting op, Catch22, I have always thought I need a longer cue, and a bit further forward balance , but that may not be the case if my cue was the right length.

thanks my friend,
                well, good question. totally agree.
                Is a very difficult task !!!! . imo, the best way to buy a cue is, try before you buy it. Especially for players who are new to this game.
                A good cue does'nt have to be necessarily expensive !!!!!!!!
                And an expensive cue does'nt have to be necessarily an bad cue !!!!!
                I do'nt know where you live, but you might want to consider to go and visit Stu green .
                He has lots of cues and he can help you to choose one.
                Andrew also has a nice collection. (Both are great guys to deal with).
                OR, as already mentioned by JRC,
                you buy a pair of cues. You pick the one that suits your game. and you sell the rest.
                ,,as for me,, when I need a cue, I send Mike an email. And I trust him.
                and so far I have no complaints. But that's just me !!

Comment

Working...
                X