Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the oldest former professional snooker player still alive ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the oldest former professional snooker player still alive ??

Ray Reardon is in his 80's and Jackie Rea was at the time i think the oldest living pro before he passed away last year at 92? I think he was ?

If not snooker, just any form of billiards in general....would be interesting to find someone linked to the era with memories from the 30's to 50's and the development of Snooker.

What about Kingsley Kennerley ?? couldnt find anything about him on google. Does anyone have any info about him about if he is still alive or if he has passed ?

Cheers

Originally Posted by szaboss View Post
    Ray Reardon is in his 80's and Jackie Rea was at the time i think the oldest living pro before he passed away last year at 92? I think he was ?

If not snooker, just any form of billiards in general....would be interesting to find someone linked to the era with memories from the 30's to 50's and the development of Snooker.

What about Kingsley Kennerley ?? couldnt find anything about him on google. Does anyone have any info about him about if he is still alive or if he has passed ?

Cheers
    http://www.britishpathe.com/video/ci.../query/reading

Comment

Wow,Thats great footage thanks Byrom

Comment

No problem - great player at billiards and snooker - I remember he took part in the first two pot black events around 1973 so there should be more footage in the BBC archives of him somewhere.

Comment

Kingsley Kennerley died in about 1982. He was one of the original 8 pro's who competed in t he inaugural Pot Black series in 1969. Going back to the original question, the one who stands out and is now the lone surviving professional from the Joe Davis, or pre-television era, is Rex Williams.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
            Kingsley Kennerley died in about 1982. He was one of the original 8 pro's who competed in t he inaugural Pot Black series in 1969. Going back to the original question, the one who stands out and is now the lone surviving professional from the Joe Davis, or pre-television era, is Rex Williams.
            but Rex is younger than Ray Reardon but he did turn pro in 1951 about 17 years before Ray did.

Comment

Yeah Ray Reardon was born in 1931 or 1932, Rex was born in 1933 im pretty sure, but yes Rex williams is the only professional from the pre television era.

Comment

Was Terry Davidson a pro? I heard a rumour he was born in 1864?

Comment

Working...
                X