How to fight a destructive player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to fight a destructive player?

How to play against a desatructive player? He comes in, puts a red one an d a coulored. Finally he goes for a safety and never tries to continue his game. Aaargh, that sucks.

Hit the reds wide open trying not to disturb the colours , he wont know what to do

Comment

My mate is a lot like that. What I've been doing is playing safe down the black end of the table by hitting a red into balk and then screwing back to the black cushion. Keep doing that for a while and there is no safe place he can hide.

Comment

interesting question. !!!!!! These are players who re playing negative. Playing safe and playing negative, are not the same thing.
        Depends, what your level is. and what is his level. If you know that he can make any good breaks and he is'nt a good player
        and you can play well. open the pak as soon as possible. Red balls evrywhere on the table. He can no longer playing negative and is forced to continue the break. He still end up wrong and 'll mis !!!! . You get your chance, One good break, and the frame is finito .
        I understand what you mean. No one will be happy with such an opponent BUT Whatever you do, stay calm

Comment

btw, I see now that hotpot and cyber has already mentioned what I was saying..SO, My post was so unnecessary.
          thanks guys.

Comment

Perhaps he lacks confidence and feels good
            about potting a red and then a colour.
            As others have mentioned you can open a few
            reds from the pack so that you have some
            possible shots. Be patient tho as you do need
            to have patience in snooker and you can also
            practise some of your safety shots as well at
            times. Also see if there are other players that
            you can play.

Comment

play everyone with the respect you think they deserve.
              and if you don't enjoy playing someone then don't play them, or play just two frames then say your gonna practice
              Last edited by j6uk; 7 October 2014, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Maybe the guy was right to play safe, there is no way to tell. Maybe he had no reasonable shot. Who knows. I also refuse a lot of difficult shots that are silly when safety is a better option. Plenty of guys in my club go for heroic shots which have no value nor safety option. 80 degree cut on the black is normal shot some of them...

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
                  Maybe the guy was right to play safe, there is no way to tell. Maybe he had no reasonable shot.
                  I have a mate who plays destructively. He will refuse a simple red into the black pocket if it leaves the white near the reds. Would prefer to go for a pot into the middle bag and leave the white up the balk end. He even said he's fed up by being constantly beaten by me. I've offered to give him a 20 start but he won't take it.
                  What can you do?

Comment

It doesn't matter what he plays or not. When you come to the table you will find a new situation to master. That's it, that's all ... be patient and continue to play YOUR game.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                      I have a mate who plays destructively. He will refuse a simple red into the black pocket if it leaves the white near the reds. Would prefer to go for a pot into the middle bag and leave the white up the balk end. He even said he's fed up by being constantly beaten by me. I've offered to give him a 20 start but he won't take it.
                      What can you do?
                      Great chance to practise some safety play. Try to make him score as few points as possible. Could take a while. Not recommended if table time isn't cheap.

Comment

The way to beat a grinder - A grinder is normally a grinder because they feel they can't compete playing the game the way it should be played. In snooker you often hear the phrase play the table not the player...This is almost impossible to do and to be honest is bad advice. In reality you should exploit your opponent’s weaknesses as soon as you figure them out (this gets harder as your opponents get better) but all players have them. In the same breath it's important to know your own strengths. No point opening the balls up if you are not likely to do any damage once amongst them yourself. My biggest strength in snooker is break building but my long game can be hit and miss. So I would look to get the balls open whilst playing good safety in order to force a chance that he won’t get the white back to baulk and therefore give me a mid-range opening pot with the balls open. another thing to consider when playing the attacking safety shot is to think about what that means for the high value colours no point opening the reds up and killing pink and black in the process.

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
                          Great chance to practise some safety play. Try to make him score as few points as possible. Could take a while. Not recommended if table time isn't cheap.
                          My safety game has come on leaps and bounds recently. I don't normally play safe with him at all but I think I will from now on. Keep waiting for him to make the mistakes but on the other hand I think I might frustrate him more and eventually he'll just want to give up playing. Hmmm...

Comment

Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
                            The way to beat a grinder - A grinder is normally a grinder because they feel they can't compete playing the game the way it should be played. In snooker you often hear the phrase play the table not the player...This is almost impossible to do and to be honest is bad advice. In reality you should exploit your opponent’s weaknesses as soon as you figure them out (this gets harder as your opponents get better) but all players have them. In the same breath it's important to know your own strengths. No point opening the balls up if you are not likely to do any damage once amongst them yourself. My biggest strength in snooker is break building but my long game can be hit and miss. So I would look to get the balls open whilst playing good safety in order to force a chance that he won’t get the white back to baulk and therefore give me a mid-range opening pot with the balls open. another thing to consider when playing the attacking safety shot is to think about what that means for the high value colours no point opening the reds up and killing pink and black in the process.
                            Good game plan. I can learn from this. :encouragement:
                            When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

if you can't see the dif between some sit-box who'd couldn't give a fuk about the art of the game, just wants to win and purposeful steps to improvement then.. just take it as it comes, along with a few nice drinks.
                              no need to toss yourself with a bag of smilies

Comment

Working...
                              X