To the top by "rubbish" cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the top by "rubbish" cue

This morning i went to a small billiard shop to buy snooker cue..only 1 snooker cue left and it was located in the far corner near garbage..as very rare for people to play snooker..so almost no billiard shop here selling snooker cue..

When i held this cue..i feel very comfortable..not too heavy and not too light..i feel this cue fits me so much and i think i can make century with this cue..

Then i bought this cue for 50.000 rupiah(2.5pounds)..

I want to ask,is there anyone in the world using "rubbish"cue to make century or even win any competition out there?

What is your highest break at the moment ???
    I think Peter Ebdon and Ken Doherty both use old rack cues

Comment

To the top by "rubbish" cue

I don't think Stephen Hendry's original cue was anything too special.

Comment

Originally Posted by itx View Post
        I don't think Stephen Hendry's original cue was anything too special.
        It wasn't a cheap cue ! (at the time)
        Adr is always banging on about it lol

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          What is your highest break at the moment ???
          I think Peter Ebdon and Ken Doherty both use old rack cues
          6 years ago my highest break was 40-50.i will start to train hard again tomorrow..4hours a day..and.i think this time i will be able to make century..i feel this cue matches me so much..i will love this cue as i love my wife and will put my soul into this cue..

I think if you have a very good skill..cue is the second factor..i think having thousand pounds of cue doesnt guarantee making you a good player..what do you think?

Comment

yeah iv won some comps with them, and bashed up many good pool and snooker players with a cue off the rack, but i love a racker and my first ton in 87 was with a club cue

Comment

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

@mythman..

Its totally different..the video you posted is a joke..mine is a real snooker cue(look at the pics)but i dont know if its good or not and no brand..when im on fire and making big break..i will post the video here..

I think sometimes using a cheap cue could boost your confidence ..cheap thing could make a good thing..i hope this cue would give me some magic in my practise and my game.

Comment

Originally Posted by cheebai View Post
                  @mythman..

Its totally different..the video you posted is a joke..mine is a real snooker cue(look at the pics)but i dont know if its good or not and no brand..when im on fire and making big break..i will post the video here..

I think sometimes using a cheap cue could boost your confidence ..cheap thing could make a good thing..i hope this cue would give me some magic in my practise and my game.
                  I was making a joke. Hopefully you are not offended. If so, sorry.
                  My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                  I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                    I was making a joke. Hopefully you are not offended. If so, sorry.
                    No..im not offended at all..thats nothing for me.you are my neighbour..we are not much different..thats why million of australians coming to indonesia every year..

Comment

just went to practise just now..i used my "2.5pounds rubbish" cue to practise and it really affect my performance..everytime i use my "rubbish cue"..i cant pot more than 2 balls..and seem got problem to control the white ball..then after that..i used a better cue..i can make 30-40break..

so the price talks huh?and just got a lesson in snooker..almost impossible to be good in playing if dont use good cue..

Comment

If the cue is straight with a half decent tip then it shouldn't make that much of a difference.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                          If the cue is straight with a half decent tip then it shouldn't make that much of a difference.
                          not much difference?it means maybe i have to play longer with my "rubbish cue"?

but playing with good quality and expensive cue make it easier and more comfortable..what do you think?

Comment

If you have a cue anyway, why did you go and buy rubbish cue?
                            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

If you are going to buy more cues, it makes more sense to go upmarket each time rather than backwards steps?

Comment

Working...
                              X