Masters 2015 draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masters 2015 draw?

Does anyone know when the draw for January's Masters will be done? I was looking to go after seeing who is lined up against who. Thanks.

until the UK is finished and the top 16 is in place I am sure nothing will happen til then
    but actual date of the draw, not sure?

Last year the draw was announced on th 9th December, so could be pretty soon after the UK is complete.
    Last edited by DeanH; 2 December 2014, 03:49 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Cheers, thanks for that.

Comment

I'm sure they did it live on the BBC at the end of the UK championships last year. I remeber Willie Drawing the names out of a hat.
        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I've bought tickets to see Ronnie on the first session of the Masters as I thought the winner always played first but it seems Selby and Murphy are playing first? Pretty disappointed. Be a great match, don't get me wrong, but was looking forward to Ronnie.

Any idea if he'll be playing in the evening of 11 January?
          Last edited by ButterPop147; 7 December 2014, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Afraid not - I thought he would be the first match too!

He plays Walden on Tuesday 13th at 1pm

Full info here

http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/New...351814,00.html

Comment

I've got the week off for this and will commute to London for some of the afternoon matches. I'm just trying to decide on which matches to get tickets to. Just waiting for a few people to get back to me to see how many people want to come and watch it with me.

I don't see how I won't watch Selby vs Murphy. Also Wednesday looks like a good day, and may go to watch Higgins vs Allen but probably won't stay for the evening.

Comment

Isn't it normal for the current holder to have the opening match?

I know the WC is like this and I thought the masters was the same which meant ronnie would play first, I bought extra tickets for a few friends months ago and am a bit annoyed now.

Not saying Selby and Murphy won't be good but nowhere near the same as Ronnie.

Comment

It is normal, but they are doing it differently this year, for some reason.

I tried to get tickets to Murphy and Selby but the match sold out. I'm gutted.

Potential match of the tournament, up first.

Comment

I suspect a lot of those tickets have been people thinking Ronnie was match 1 - no other session is sold out until the later stages, so I reckon they'll flood back soon enough.

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                      I suspect a lot of those tickets have been people thinking Ronnie was match 1 - no other session is sold out until the later stages, so I reckon they'll flood back soon enough.
                      I thought that. Do they accept returns?

I'll check back every day or so, see if I can get tickets. There's a couple on Stub Hub, but they're asking in excess of £100 for a ticket that originally cost £15. I don't quite want to watch it that badly.

To be brutally honest though, it's a far superior match to Ronnie vs Milkins.

Comment

Got 6 tics for the first Sunday - cant wait!

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                          I thought that. Do they accept returns?

I'll check back every day or so, see if I can get tickets. There's a couple on Stub Hub, but they're asking in excess of £100 for a ticket that originally cost £15. I don't quite want to watch it that badly.

To be brutally honest though, it's a far superior match to Ronnie vs Milkins.
                          You mean Ronnie vs Walden? I take your point, though. Unless Walden plays his A game.. then it could get very interesting.

If you check back often enough you may get seats they reserve for players family/friends? Not sure how it works for the masters, but that's what I did for the World Champs semis and got really good seats at the Crucible long after they were initially sold out.

Comment

There's every chance the Ronnie v Walden game could be a good one. Ricky didn't play badly last year, he just ran into Ronnie in absolute top form. Just unlucky.

Ricky is a great player.
                            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by moose View Post
                              You mean Ronnie vs Walden? I take your point, though. Unless Walden plays his A game.. then it could get very interesting.

If you check back often enough you may get seats they reserve for players family/friends? Not sure how it works for the masters, but that's what I did for the World Champs semis and got really good seats at the Crucible long after they were initially sold out.
                              Yes I do.

Sorry mental block, I really thought he was playing Milkins. That was last year, wasn't it? I'd say Walden would put up a better fight, but he did get thrashed 6-0 last year.

What I'll probably do is check back nearer the time. I've got tickets for Higgins vs Alan, and the Friday afternoon semi-final. So, it won't kill me to watch on TV. If I order a pizza and watch Murphy vs Selby with a few Sunday afternoon beers, may be even better. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X