Ronnie O'Sullivans lack of extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie O'Sullivans lack of extensions

So, I like the rest of us here have been watching the UK champs on the BBC and many of the players will either come out with their cue in the case with all of their accessories or have the cue already assembled and bring what they need out with them but Ronnie doesn't seem to need to bring much with him, his cue and chalk is all he needs and when he needs an extension he will use the push-on ones provided at the match, though it's also worth noting that he is never in a situation where he might need a mini-butt.

Obviously, he is his own person and he can do what he likes but I would have thought a telescopic screw on extension would be better than the push on ones provided.

It's a bit of an open ended discussion but I just wonder why he doesn't bring his own accessories with him.
    Highest Break 21

Probably cannot afford one ?

Comment

he stopped bringing those tools out many years ago now, not long after he gave a cue away at the worlds. hes got an sd joint and im surprised hes not filled it in. he likes to be original and probably thinks it reminds him of playing in the pro ams all those years ago when knowone had all that kit unless they only had half an arm

Comment

I wonder if he regrets giving that cue away now.
        Highest Break 21

Comment

Those push on extensions are no better or worse than the screw on one's! Been mentioned by some professionals that they even feel a bit more sturdier that the sd one's...

Nevertheless it looks like Ronnie just wants to get out of the arena sharpish without the need of putting his cue away first...
          Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
            Those push on extensions are no better or worse than the screw on one's! Been mentioned by some professionals that they even feel a bit more sturdier that the sd one's...

Nevertheless it looks like Ronnie just wants to get out of the arena sharpish without the need of putting his cue away first...
            that has been my thinking for some time
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

hes a showman in the entertainment business and any excess baggage aint good for the image

Comment

Well he is perhaps the perfect build for a snooker player - he can play with either hand and lets face it when your position is as good as his you don't need them bits n bobs all that much.

Comment

Is he 5'10"?

Comment

I have noticed that when he does use a push on extension, after using it he often puts it under the table to one side and picks the same one next time he needs it.
                    Seen this onTV and also live at the Welsh Open
                    as if "I like that one I'll use it next time"
                    there are usually two push on extensions available.

Comment

If he is supposed to be such a showman and entertainer why does he always want to leave in such a hurry ?

Comment

he entertains at the table
                        never seen him in the recent years stand there and autograph for minutes (a la Murphy "let the press wait") :biggrin:
                        back to the OP - he only wants to walk on with one cue and walk off with one cue and not a case; even for the PTCs when everyone else walkd on with their case

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                          GeordieDS is a living legend and I know it's off topic but I had to get it out there
                          Thanks very much mate and welcome back
                          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

From what I've seen he also has the slim one piece case from parris only. So no space for extensions anyway.

Comment

Tbh I have one cue and a push on and that's it but do have a case that would fit exts but never quite understood when those who turn up with 2 or 3 extensions and that mini butt what the hell is that for

Comment

Working...
                              X