Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Thanks Byrom, I will try that, but I think that's enough about my troubles on the table, it even bores me lol.

Leave a comment:

• Byrom
    replied
    Forget the - clearance practice staying in the flow and keeping calm and focused in a session throughout the day - see what happens - tell yourself it only counts doing it this way - how about that?

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    If you can clear a line up you're more then capable of getting a ton
    I am miles away from making a century Leo, I don't know how to play when there are a lot of reds on the table, once there is a bit more space and the Reds are opened up, I can be ok, but that normally doesn't leave enough on the table to make a ton.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    I've not got to the colours that many times I don't think, got to the last couple of reds and beyond ,so around a century break, far far more times than I care to remember, if there is a way of mucking it up I have done it, took my eye off the yellow yesterday when in the absolute perfect position, when I practice the colours I put the White exactly where it was yesterday ,it should be automatic from there, I also missed a green, should have used the rest but I stretched for it and I can miss anything when stretching. Normally I don't feel nervous when on my own, but I did feel it yesterday, it means that much to me, stupid bloody game lol.

Leave a comment:

• Byrom
    replied
    Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    He can do it - he will do it - he has got to the colours over a hundred times - just has a mental block to overcome keeping calm - it will get better each time he does it - just putting pressure on himself as you do on the first time - everyone goes through it and he will come out the other side eventually

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
    I've got enough on my plate trying to do this line up lol.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    I've got enough on my plate trying to do this line up lol.

Leave a comment:

• Byrom
    replied
    I do Ted, I haven't made the breaks you lads have, had a few high ones doing the scattered reds thing and the line up but for me they don't count ,they only count if you are playing someone who is trying to stop you, if that makes sense? I have made a couple of fifties and it felt like I was at the table for hours lol, so god knows what it's like to make a ton, is it mentally tiring the first time you do it?

Not for me I was totally relaxed and focused on the pot and position and played at the same rhythm and focused on this as much as possible - apart from the ones I potted down the rails that took a bit more thought and care with the rest and I only really remember the last black and the last red down the rail with the rest which I hit really well.

if you have regular fifties you are capable - its just two of those back to back if you think about it - generally you will need a bit of luck along the way when making cannons or splitting the pack and two or three shots - maybe more - to regain position if you loose the white.

A couple of routines you could try is practice splitting one red off the pack potting it and leaving a low angle on the black to stun up and split the reds to try and keep it going - This is harder to do on a slow table as the reds don't split as well as they should on a fast cloth.

Another is grouping three reds together in groups in different parts of the table and stunning off the black to try and disturb them and clear the lot making cannons as you go.

Then there is the pack splitting shots - high off the blue angle or from the baulk with side off the yellow then cushion into pack or from the green or wrong side of blue with running side off two cushions between yellow and brown or brown and green or simply high on the black or occasionally the pink will go into the corner pockets enabling you to push through with top spin and disturb a few.

Mastering these types of shots does help - obviously finishing high on the blue or low on the black is more ideal and common for the pack splitter but there are other harder options to play for if these fail. mastering stuns and pack splitting options or feeling confident with making cannons using stun up and down the white to control the white in open play does help - many players below the 50 standard don't even consider some of these shots because they don't feel confident with them.
    Last edited by Byrom; 13 December 2014, 01:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
    Thanks itsnot! It's clear that you really love your snooker. I would have loved reading posts like these when I first got interested.

I like the fact that the OP hasn't even responded!
    I do Ted, I haven't made the breaks you lads have, had a few high ones doing the scattered reds thing and the line up but for me they don't count ,they only count if you are playing someone who is trying to stop you, if that makes sense? I have made a couple of fifties and it felt like I was at the table for hours lol, so god knows what it's like to make a ton, is it mentally tiring the first time you do it?

Leave a comment:

• tedisbill
    replied
    Great story's Byrom and Ted, felt like I was there with you.
    Thanks itsnot! It's clear that you really love your snooker. I would have loved reading posts like these when I first got interested.

I like the fact that the OP hasn't even responded!
    Last edited by tedisbill; 13 December 2014, 03:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• itsnoteasy
    replied
    Great story's Byrom and Ted, felt like I was there with you.

Leave a comment:

• davem147
    replied
    my highest break is 66 and i wasnt even counting. i was just filming myself playing and not thinking about it, just concentrating on potting the balls. the balls were pretty opened because i played a good red to open them up and managed to stay on the black. it wasnt till i watched the video that i was pretty surprised, felt good!

Leave a comment:

• tedisbill
    replied
    Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
    You have obviously never seen the state of my driving
    Hehe! Love it

Leave a comment:

• Byrom
    replied
    You have obviously never seen the state of my driving

Leave a comment:

• tedisbill
    replied
    I'd played a bit of pool and was pretty good. But with snooker, I never really bothered to take it seriously. I'd have a game with my brother once every 3 or 4 weeks. My highest break in my life was 37. Then in 2011, at the age of 27, I decided I hadn't really got a major hobby, and I wanted to get good at the game.

I literally started playing seriously the beginning of January 2011. I started having coaching once a week and practicing 4-5 times a week for a few hours at a time.

My first half century came on 26/02/2011, a break of 56. I was absolutely buzzing. I couldn't believe I'd managed to knock in a 50!

After that, I went on to have a few 70+ breaks and a couple of 80s, but the century break would be much harder to achieve! I'd missed the pink on 87 twice clearing up!!

The century finally happened against my mate who is an unbelievable player. It's now 15/05/2013, almost two and half years after I'd started. My mate was bashing me up as usual, and then, he made a 147 against me! (the second one he's made against me). He was happy and we were both buzzing. Well, incredibly, the very next frame, he played a bad safety and left me in the balls. I stepped in and made my first ever century, a break of 112! My mate really helped me calm down and take my time. I got to the ball I needed for the ton, a blue off the spot, unmissable shot. I couldn't believe it when it went in. And amazingly, I missed the green with all the colours on their spots, it wasn't dead easy, but I'd pot it these days. Haha! And I didn't give a damn that I'd just missed the green, I was just over the moon that I'd made a century. And although Byrom describes the feeling as passing your driving test, for me, it felt like much more of an achievement making the ton. It didn't take me two and a half years of practice to drive a car.

I love snooker. Love watching it and love playing it. I think it really helps to be totally obsessed!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X