Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best way to clean your balls? (nohomo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to know a guy who swore on using a low suction vacuum before frames and the table always felt as good as new. A high mega suction vacuum may upset the cloth but it still won't be as bad as what players do to a cloth during frames.

Comment

I wouldn't go as far as that. As surface dust once removed, takes a while to build up again. Also if tables are covered whenever possible this also helps of course.
      I would only vacuum once a week if this was the case. There are more aspects to this for getting the best playing conditions possible. So maybe its time for a video...
      Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
      https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
        I wouldn't go as far as that. As surface dust once removed, takes a while to build up again. Also if tables are covered whenever possible this also helps of course.
        I would only vacuum once a week if this was the case. There are more aspects to this for getting the best playing conditions possible. So maybe its time for a video...
        You ever get hold of a magnifying glass take a look at your table cover you're sticking over your table, how ever much you think that room is clean you'll be surprised how much crap leaves that table cover and sit on your cloth.

Comment

This is precisely the reason we cover tables. Wouldn't want all that dust on the table. And making sure that the dust cover is also clean is a no-brainer. I usually fold the cover in to the middle from both sides and roll it up from the black spot end
          Then I place it under the table(baulk side). Once play has finished for the day, it is easy to just throw the cover down while it unwraps in one action! Rolling it up from the black spot end ensures that the nap remains down.
          Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Let me tell you something the cloths at my hall are thick as ever. It's not a snooker club its a leisure centre but I don't think the owner cares or knows about these things. They are at a MIMIMUM of ten years old, never cleaned, brushed or anything at all like that. It's a shame really. It's like playing on a junkies carpet. One day I will have my own table and it will be kept clean for sure.

Comment

Originally Posted by RoryM147 View Post
              Let me tell you something the cloths at my hall are thick as ever. It's not a snooker club its a leisure centre but I don't think the owner cares or knows about these things. They are at a MIMIMUM of ten years old, never cleaned, brushed or anything at all like that. It's a shame really. It's like playing on a junkies carpet. One day I will have my own table and it will be kept clean for sure.
              I bet you any money you like that I could transform them within a day! And would be willing to if you were close by! As seeing is believing obviously.
              Cheap and Cheerful! 😄

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                I bet you any money you like that I could transform them within a day! And would be willing to if you were close by! As seeing is believing obviously.
                Would love for that too happen buddy haha.

Comment

Originally Posted by RoryM147 View Post
                  Watch out for the needles
                  My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                  I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

try solution 30 optical lens cleaner.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                    X