Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The best way to clean your balls? (nohomo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best way to clean your balls? (nohomo)

what is the best way to clean your balls at home without any special spray etc? (snooker balls that is). got a set of aramith tournament champs today. They have been used a couple of times but could do with a clean.

just to clean you can use soapy water and wipe dry quickly but they may not come up shiny
    One word of advise don't use furniture polish (Glade type sprays) as they will come out all slippy and wont play well
    not really tried any thing else homemade like.
    the Aramith cleaner is very good and you can also get aramith ball restorer & polish which works very well. A bottle can last ages so the price isn't too bad spread across the time.
    Renzie on here had some maybe worth an ask
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      just to clean you can use soapy water and wipe dry quickly but they may not come up shiny
      One word of advise don't use furniture polish (Glade type sprays) as they will come out all slippy and wont play well
      not really tried any thing else homemade like.
      the Aramith cleaner is very good and you can also get aramith ball restorer & polish which works very well. A bottle can last ages so the price isn't too bad spread across the time.
      Renzie on here had some maybe worth an ask
      cool mate I'll try the soapy water. does this restore the cue ball to white from the common creamy colour? I bought a brand new aramith premier cue ball the other week and it was white.

Comment

the whites can be a creamy white - that is ok

I have heard that Aramith (Saluc) have trouble getting bright white sometimes

the restorer and polish is very good for reasonably clean balls
        the cleaner is best for very dirty balls

Comment

Originally Posted by RoryM147 View Post
          cool mate I'll try the soapy water. does this restore the cue ball to white from the common creamy colour? I bought a brand new aramith premier cue ball the other week and it was white.
          TC whites are a creamier colour, supposedly easier to use under brighter lights on a match table or something like that, you dont get as much reflective glare off them either, hence the colours are a bit paler too (esp blue and pink)

Comment

Rory - where did you get the balls from in the end?
            any case yet ?

Comment

I'm not saying anything

Comment

Bar of Dove and a lufe....i stopped my self, it was tough, but I just managed it.

I have a 9ft pool table at home, so the balls are obviously different but Aramith sell a ball cleaning substance. I use that and a microfiber cloth to clean them. Another microfiber cloth to dry and buff them with. Rinse off the cleaner with water and I use aramith ball restorer to polish them and get them shiny. If you don't fancy spending some dough on the aramith stuff then warm water and a sponge or cloth should do if they aren't too battered. What ever you do don't use anything abrasive. A mate of mine used nail varnish remover and a scourer to get rid of a tiny black miscue mark. Took the finish right off the white and ruined it. His mum told me he was dropped on the head as a child.

Comment

got them off ebay mate . nah not buying a case lol unless my arse is lined with diamonds! I'll just use the normal box and a manbag lol. I didn't think the standard box would of had holes nicely spaced so not going to bother with a case.

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                    I'm not saying anything

what's that supposed to mean hahaha.

Comment

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/2...uh4uw2_jpg.htm
                      mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

water and vinegar works well. I made a cleaner with a car polisher and a pail, you can google it, works very well, can only do 11 balls at a time and makes a racket. Cheap and saves allot of elbow grease. Cheers
                        I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                          I'm not saying anything
                          Proletina Velichkova by any chance? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4RIrKAee80

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                            Proletina Velichkova by any chance? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4RIrKAee80
                            Don't know about cleaning but emptying springs to mind

Comment

I use aramith ball cleaner for the cueball and autoglym super resin polish for the rest! Virtually kick free! The end.
                              Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                              https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Working...
                              X