How many times can you replace white?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many times can you replace white?

lets just say for example i lay a snooker behind baulk colour or colours. After the foul and a miss has been called how many times can you replace the White back to original snooker position? . I read the official rule book about this and another few sources but couldn't find an answer to my original question. I heard it was knocked down to 5 times but not sure if thats even true.

As many times until opponent needs snookers

Comment

basically as many times the non offender wishes for the cue ball to be replaced ...
      until snookers are required, then a Miss is not called and the cue ball won't be replaced.

Your scenario, I assume that there is no ball on that the striker can see full ball. If there is a ball on that they can see but decide not to play (for strategy reasons) the striker is warned after the second attempt they if they do not hit a ball the next attempt then they lose the frame.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Wow really? So can it still be replaced even though he now needs snookers ? I'm guessing he can but it's pointless as he would probably just conceed?

Comment

Ah I see. Ignore that last comment then. yeah snookered so object ball isn't full. Yeah I understand the other rule about having 3 attempts to hit hit full ball object ball.

Comment

well, you can go for any ball on not necessarily the one you can see full ball, but because of this ball a Miss will be called and the third miss and frame loss will apply.

Comment

I'm not bad at laying snookers as well. Haha im going to have fun with this now I can wind my mate up when he annoys me with his unbelievable flukes hahaha.

Comment

Don't play foul and a miss with your mates, it will end in tears.
                This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

note, if a full ball straight line shot is on then a Miss can still be called even if snookers are required - this is restricted by the three miss rule and loss of frame

Comment

yep with mates tend not to play the miss and replace rule

Comment

Ok guys cheers for clear up. No I usually replace White if I there's nothing on, even if there's a long red as its good practice for me. Depends what mood I'm in really lol. If I'm in the lead I barely even take any fouls. However if he's in the lead I will replace it until it's at my advantage. If he's winning and I'm annoyed it's getting replaced until he hits lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by RoryM147 View Post
                        Ok guys cheers for clear up. No I usually replace White if I there's nothing on, even if there's a long red as its good practice for me. Depends what mood I'm in really lol. If I'm in the lead I barely even take any fouls. However if he's in the lead I will replace it until it's at my advantage. If he's winning and I'm annoyed it's getting replaced until he hits lol.
                        Just play snooker to improve your own game. Not to just win using the miss rule.
                        Last edited by tedisbill; 1 January 2015, 10:41 PM.
                        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Spoils a friendly game using the miss rule, don't do it

Comment

how did snookers work before the miss rule?
                            Highest Break 21

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                              Don't play foul and a miss with your mates, it will end in tears.
                              agreed - not a rule for the club
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                              X