escaping snookers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• escaping snookers

I have quite a good hit rate if I can swerve the cue ball, but if I have to come off a cushion I'm about 1/10. Any tips on this, I think it's the hardest thing to judge, with angles, cue ball tightening up or drifting off at different paces, side etc..

practice and learn your angles, its the only way. dont bother with side to start off with, learn how the ball reacts plain ball, get used to that and know by sight where to hit, then bring side top and screw into play and learn them second.

Comment

Andy is right practice practice practice no other way really, only thing I wud say, if the ball you are trying to hit is further from the cushion than the white, walk round and look at it like you were playing it in reverse, easier to pick your spot on the cushion.

Comment

I agree that it takes practise to learn the
        angles and I have found it great to watch
        the pros who usually play 2 cushions (if
        possible) when snookered. I also find it
        helps to step back and view the angles
        from a distance.

Comment

look for the spot on the cushion that will create a 90" angle between the CB and OB and play it with running side and you should hit it.
          Or always go and look at the OB an pretend it's the white and see where on the cushion you need to hit to hit the white as its he same angle. That's good for angles you struggle to see ie if the white is close to the cushion and tough to judge the angle.
          Last edited by Alba_; 19 January 2015, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
            look for the spot on the cushion that will create a 90" angle between the CB and OB and play it with running side and you should hit it.
            Surely if you play with side it will change the angle tho

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              Surely if you play with side it will change the angle tho
              Try it and see. An old guy in the club showed me it when i was young and it works a treat. The running side makes the ball come off the rail around 90" just don't smash it with all your might.

Comment

Or always go and look at the OB an pretend it's the white and see where on the cushion you need to hit to hit the white as its he same angle. That's good for angles you struggle to see ie if the white is close to the cushion and tough to judge the angle.
                The first part of that makes no sense Alba !?

Comment

Originally Posted by sammyts View Post
                  The first part of that makes no sense Alba !?
                  Yeah it's not a 90 degree angle at all

Comment

It might be, but then again it cud be anything from 10 or 15 degrees up to maybe 170.

Comment

Yeah it's not a 90 degree angle at all
                      If you are playing off 1 rail from the top of the table to the bottom

Comment

What you should be saying is, assuming you put no side on the white the cueball will come off the cushion at the same angle it went on to it

Comment

What you should be saying is, assuming you put no side on the white the cueball will come off the cushion at the same angle it went on to it
                          Exactly, provided the cushion is decent and you dont smash it hard.

Comment

More like plain ball only. I've been told on good authority that top and bottom on the cueball can also change the angle it leaves the cushion at. .

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                              More like plain ball only. I've been told on good authority that top and bottom on the cueball can also change the angle it leaves the cushion at. .
                              Does bottom narrow the angle and top increase the angle?
                              My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Working...
                              X