Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    I can see that it happened but cannot believe it is possible lol

Seen it lots of times on a napless 9 ball table, and I try it a few times for assessing cue squirt, on an english pool table,

so no reason why a better player than me couldn't do it on a snooker table.

Like someone said though, not something likely to come into play in a ( snooker ) match.

Comment

Perhaps table was set up to "help" the shot a little??
      A monster roll, or table raised at baulk end to create roll on bottom cushion? Not so crazy if you have a table jack or three??
      Just a idea.

Comment

NO trick, NO jacks, NO strings, NO wind, NO nothing.
        Just a very clever shot. Definitely possible. Highly difficult to pull off. Do-able all the same.

But of course, it can't be done in the other black pocket...

Just kidding. Can be done in both.

Comment

Originally Posted by jigsaw333 View Post
          What do you think... there is someone under the table with some fishing line attached ..,?
          I don't mean I don't believe it in a literal sense, more in a Victor Meldrew sense.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Just been to try it out, missed the black altogether like in the video about 15 times lol, then gave up

Comment

Just been to try it out, missed the black altogether like in the video about 15 times lol, then gave up
              Try it with the black on the spot. It's slightly easier I think. I've seen it done but couldn't manage it myself.

Comment

i spent an hour trying it.... got it within 3 inches of the bag, then..... gave up too
                #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by bigmeek View Post
                  try it with the black on the spot. It's slightly easier i think. I've seen it done but couldn't manage it myself.
                  it's impossible with the black on its spot.
                  There is a reason its on the cushion.

Comment

i'd tend to agree that it'd be pretty much impossible to 'reverse cut' the black off its spot from the yellow / green spot

unless bigmeek meant having the cueball on the brown spot too? that would be theoretically easier, but it would be one hell of a shot to do (if possible)

Comment

Who are ya, who are ya ........
                      LOL, aye.. FAF

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                        i'd tend to agree that it'd be pretty much impossible to 'reverse cut' the black off its spot from the yellow / green spot
                        unless bigmeek meant having the cueball on the brown spot too? that would be theoretically easier, but it would be one hell of a shot to do (if possible)
                        Sorry guys, can't remember if the white was on the brown or not. Pretty sure it was yellow tho. Saw a couple of guys do it in my club and a mate of mine who is a 20 break player almost did it with his first attempt! I think what started it all off was a video of Nic Barrow doing it. (Going back a year or so. Memory might be playing tricks).

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                          is that the one you have to play to 'miss' the black, a smidge of side so in effect youre clipping it off the cushion?

edit: this one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0ZJRtAeL1M
                          Haha hie reaction made me laugh
                          Always a pleasure

Comment

Ive done it with it on the spot , it can be done

Comment

Originally Posted by Saint Michael View Post
                              Haha hie reaction made me laugh
                              the roland rat-esque 'yayyyyy' at the end was my favourite

Comment

You have to play it with lots of side

Comment

Working...
                                X