Impossible cut or not - try it out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    Hi Jigsaw, I'm not seeking an argument but I will say this, it doesn't matter if the ball is behind the black spot on the cushion or on the black spot, it is still potable from the yellow spot with a plain ball shot, no side needed. Again, this is because the contact angle is >90 degree. From the brown spot, the contact angle is <90 degrees, so side is necessary. It would be very difficult to pot the black along the cushion from the yellow spot without side but not impossible. It would require lots of cue ball pace and an ultra fast cloth.

Yes but both shots being discussed in this thread are to be made by the white ball hitting the top cushion first and then contacting with the black ball

What jigsaw is arguing that if you place the black on its spot and the white on the yellow spot then it's impossible to pot the black into the yellow side pocket by hitting the back cushion first .......at least that's what I think.
    He's never said it can't be cut in as a plain shot without using the cushion

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
      Yes but both shots being discussed in this thread are to be made by the white ball hitting the top cushion first and then contacting with the black ball

What jigsaw is arguing that if you place the black on its spot and the white on the yellow spot then it's impossible to pot the black into the yellow side pocket by hitting the back cushion first .......at least that's what I think.
      He's never said it can't be cut in as a plain shot without using the cushion
      Well, we don't know because he deleted the original post! LOL

Comment

Lol ...this forum man . Every thread descending into chaos ! I love it

Comment

Originally Posted by Catch 22 View Post
          Lol ...this forum man . Every thread descending into chaos ! I love it
          It's the missing piece of the jigsaw I blame.............

Comment

I'm going to throw in a bit more confusion. Ok, so if we attached one of those crazy spinster tips would we be able to play the cue ball from the yellow spot off the black cushion and on to the black and pot the ball in the left black cushion pocket? Well, only if we were able to get the cue ball to bounce off the cushion at 90 degrees or more, and play the cue ball well wide to the right of the black spot. The cue ball would still have to make the finest of glances on the black ball. Even if possible in theory, it might take thousands of attempts.

Good afternoon!
            Last edited by Master Blaster; 27 February 2015, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X