Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 840aj
    replied
    I've been using furniture polish for years and it worked fine however I recently bought some 1G balls when I had the table re-clothed and after a few dozen shots the cue ball is covered in a green fur. I'm not sure if its because of the new cloth or whether the balls are holding static which attracts the dust. Any thoughts from anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Master Blaster
    replied
    Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
    You should never use anything even slightly abrasive as it will roughen the surface of the balls which will lead to more kicks.
    Yarp. Dats why I only use a bit of soft soap liquid and then it's silicone spray time. They got so much travel afterwards and noticeably less kicks. I know Thorne and Virgo have their theory of the majority of kicks being down to the white jumping up before contact and I'm leaning towards this now. With silicone, there's more slide and roll on the cue ball and less jumping.

Leave a comment:

• vmax4steve
    replied
    Originally Posted by I just want a ton! View Post
    I use nothing but the Aramith cleaner and elbow grease. Takes about 20mins a go.
    I do however think windowlene is the same type of product at a massive cost cutting price.
    A slightly abrasive liquid that buffs up to a shine.
    I shall give it a go on my old cue ball.
    You should never use anything even slightly abrasive as it will roughen the surface of the balls which will lead to more kicks.

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied
    Originally Posted by I just want a ton! View Post
    I use nothing but the Aramith cleaner and elbow grease. Takes about 20mins a go.
    I do however think windowlene is the same type of product at a massive cost cutting price.
    I also use aramith ball cleaner as I do bleach down the toilet or toothpaste for my teeth not sure why it's such a problem people using the actual ball cleaner rather the people finding other alternatives when it's cheap as chips anyhow

Leave a comment:

• I just want a ton!
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Master Blaster
    replied
    Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
    I use Autoglym Super Resin polish for the object balls and Aramith ball cleaner for the Cueball only. Makes the object balls really slick and shiny. Makes the Aramith cleaner go much further too.
    Provided your Cueball is Clean you will always be playing with a more consistent game.
    There's more than enough to contend with than having varying table behaviour due to an unclean Cueball.
    I have some of that in my garage which never gets used on the car so I'll try it on the balls!

Leave a comment:

• inevermissblue
    replied
    I use Autoglym Super Resin polish for the object balls and Aramith ball cleaner for the Cueball only. Makes the object balls really slick and shiny. Makes the Aramith cleaner go much further too.
    Provided your Cueball is Clean you will always be playing with a more consistent game.
    There's more than enough to contend with than having varying table behaviour due to an unclean Cueball.

Leave a comment:

• Master Blaster
    replied
    Originally Posted by tommygunner1309 View Post
    Yep - works for my balls
    You got hard water in Brighton apparently, also nice for balls.

Leave a comment:

• tommygunner1309
    replied
    Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
    I think washing up liquid to be too harsh a cleaner and even hand soap, so I use shower gel because it's meant to be kind to skin so it should be kind to balls. haha.

Yep - works for my balls

Leave a comment:

• Master Blaster
    replied
    Originally Posted by tommygunner1309 View Post
    Hahahahaha I thought this thread was a joke !!!!! I just can't imagine anyone washing Aramith snooker balls in a dishwasher !!!!!! Sounds a bit to me, like. "if you have a dent in your car, put it in the crusher to get the dent out" !!!!!
    We lost the bottoms of a few stainless steel saucepans to a dishwasher. The tablets and hot water destroyed the stainless steel outer wall on the bottom to reveal the aluminium sandwich bit inside. It's the last place I'd put snooker balls. A bit of shower gel on the balls with a soft wet rag and warm water in a bowl is my cleaning choice now, followed by a buff with a soft cloth after a light coating of silicone spray. I think washing up liquid to be too harsh a cleaner and even hand soap, so I use shower gel because it's meant to be kind to skin so it should be kind to balls. haha.
    Last edited by Master Blaster; 20 May 2015, 03:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• tommygunner1309
    replied
    Hahahahaha I thought this thread was a joke !!!!! I just can't imagine anyone washing Aramith snooker balls in a dishwasher !!!!!! Sounds a bit to me, like. "if you have a dent in your car, put it in the crusher to get the dent out" !!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Master Blaster
    replied
    Originally Posted by MikeTheBigMonster View Post
    My friend use car clean&wax solution first follow by aramith solution.
    the balls feel great, won't slide and roll naturally and do not collect dust over a period of time.
    can get the car clean&wax solution from any gas station or garage.
    Is this safe cut or T-cut?

Leave a comment:

• MikeTheBigMonster
    replied
    My friend use car clean&wax solution first follow by aramith solution.
    the balls feel great, won't slide and roll naturally and do not collect dust over a period of time.
    can get the car clean&wax solution from any gas station or garage.

Leave a comment:

• Master Blaster
    replied
    Originally Posted by Smeeagain View Post
    doesn't the silicone act like polish and make them supper slippy/too slippy - not something Id want to apply to the cue ball... ?

Smee
    Well, the whole idea of shiny balls is low friction, so the silicone improves this aspect. The pack and the object balls speed up a wee bit. So it's worth a try. The silicone wears off after a while of course, it's not permanent.

Leave a comment:

• Smeeagain
    replied
    doesn't the silicone act like polish and make them supper slippy/too slippy - not something Id want to apply to the cue ball... ?

Smee

Leave a comment:

Working...
X