Urgent problem in rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent problem in rules

Hello everyone, i just make a bet of 5k with my friend about a scenario. what happens if in the middle of the frame white ball is in snooker where its impossible to hit target ball. for example white just about at the corner of pocket and black ball is blocking the way out totally. other more probable scenario that white is touching the wall and two red are by its side making the figure V and you cant hit anything but red and you have to hit black, pink, blue etc. HURRY!

You cannot avoid the foul penalty BUT you have to aim the cue ball towards the object ball with enough strength to of hit it

Comment

As I understand it.

Say the white is surrounded by reds and you're on a colour. You could nominate say the yellow. You then can aim directly at the yellow and hit the white with the required strength to hit the yellow. It's still a foul shot but it's not a miss.

Comment

but opponent always put me back there? like 30 times or something. cos its impossible to hit target ball.

Comment

sorry but what is the ball on?

first you say Black is in the way, I assume that Red would be ball on, but then you say reds and black block the way?
          Wall = cushion?
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by SuckMyBlackBall View Post
            but opponent always put me back there? like 30 times or something. cos its impossible to hit target ball.
            Well your opponent is WRONG try reading the rules

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
              Well your opponent is WRONG try reading the rules
              you are right JRC, in an impossible snooker the call of Foul and a Miss would not be called, so the option of replacing the cue ball is not available.
              You still have the two usual options, play your self or put your opponent back in, but no replace cue ball.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                sorry but what is the ball on?

first you say Black is in the way, I assume that Red would be ball on, but then you say reds and black block the way?
                Wall = cushion?
                any ball is on, but other colour block possibly shots, bad examples only. sorry mate were drunk here wathing the final. and wall is cushion

Comment

so balls dont go back there? what happens is opponent decides do i hit from where ball are or he hits himself?

Comment

Originally Posted by SuckMyBlackBall View Post
                    so balls dont go back there? what happens is opponent decides do i hit from where ball are or he hits himself?
                    play from where it is - correct
                    either the non offender plays or he asks the offender to play (both from where it is)

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      play from where it is - correct
                      either the non offender plays or he asks the offender to play (both from where it is)
                      thanks man. and thx everyone elsee too. good pleople here! take care:snooker:

Comment

If the/a ball on is impossible to hit, for example because the cue ball is in the jaws of a pocket with a ball not on block its path out of the jaw, then you can play either directly OR INDIRECTLY at a ball on with sufficient strength to hit it (in the opinion of the referee) to have hit it had the obstructing ball(s) not been there. In that case you cannot avoid the foul but you will not be called for a Miss.

However, if you chose to play the cue ball straight into the pocket (in my example above) then you've made no attempt to play a ball on and a Miss WILL be called (and regardless of the score difference!).
                        Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Working...
                        X