How did that happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did that happen?

The other day something happened on my break off shot which I have never seen before in any am or pro game and I am at a loss to explain it, which is the black ball ended up in the top left pocket as seen from the D.

Perfectly normal break that I always do, from a couple of inches right of the brown with right hand side. I always aim to swerve slightly in to come off the second red up rather than the end so the cue ball comes fairly tight out of the corners, comes back high side of the blue and usually ends up somewhere near the green ball.

So, did this as normal, and looking at the white come back in a pretty satisfactory position when in my peripheral vision I see the black disappearing into the top left pocket.

I would love to have had an action replay so I could see what actually happened but I assume that the cue ball must have knocked either the end red or the second red onto the black thin enough to cannon it into the pocket. I could have understood that a little more if I had really whacked the break off shot but I never hit the pack hard on the break

Anyone else ever see this happen?
    Last edited by misspentoldage; 9 May 2015, 07:54 PM. Reason: Typo

which red hit the black?

never, ever heard of the black going in off a break, except when you smash them open during a practice knock
    #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

I suspect the balls weren't racked correctly and the end red on the right might have been loose enough to hit the black and cut it in.
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Yes I wondered about a loose rack. Didn't rack them myself I have to say as I was waiting to break.

Comment

Not only loose but maybe a little crooked too so the last red or second red inside back row was lined up as a perfect plant on the black ball.
          Terry Davidson
          IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I am always amazed how many people rack the reds up much too far away from the pink ball

Comment

ive put the pink in the yellow pocket a couple of times giving them a whack from behind!

Comment

Please keep to the topic Andy
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                  I am always amazed how many people rack the reds up much too far away from the pink ball
                  I watched a dad/son playing on the table next to me some months ago, and every match started with the triangle of reds midway between the black and pink!
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                    Please keep to the topic Andy

i wont tell you about a pic i have just seen on a mates FB account then with a white ending up on TOP of the lighting from the break then...... (pool players)

Comment

Working...
                    X