Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowest Total Clearance?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Lowest Total Clearance?

    Was playing a friend of mine and he potted 14 reds with either yellow or the green. Got me thinking as to what the lowest total clearance has been, could be my memory playing tricks but I think Steve Davis once got 14 reds and 14 greens but not sure if he cleared up.
    #jeSuisByrom

  • #2
    This has actually come up on another thread... don't think we know

    Comment


    • #3
      Lowest Total Clearance?

      Ah..didn't see the other thread.
      #jeSuisByrom

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by fredkite View Post
        Was playing a friend of mine and he potted 14 reds with either yellow or the green. Got me thinking as to what the lowest total clearance has been, could be my memory playing tricks but I think Steve Davis once got 14 reds and 14 greens but not sure if he cleared up.
        George Hargest, made a 112 in a match !! (Not practice). but as Pottr mentioned already, Not sure Whether a lower TC since then is been made or not !!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by pottr View Post
          This has actually come up on another thread... don't think we know
          I think the answer on the other thread was (on TV anyway) 115 by Ken Doherty in the 2003 World Final.

          Comment


          • #6
            found a 115 TC by Steve Davis in a match at the Thames Television Classic 1991
            maybe lower TCs maybe just aren't reported?
            Up the TSF!

            Comment


            • #7
              Lowest Total Clearance?

              A friend of mine reckons one of the Lindrum's got a 97 TC. Only time he potted blue, pink or black was at the end of the frame.
              #jeSuisByrom

              Comment


              • #8
                I can believe it... Some frames you get the reds scattered everywhere beyond the blue spot...

                A clearance wouldn't be too tricky, if only you thought to do it, but of course in a game where you need to score as many points as possible, it's counter intuitive...

                Comment


                • #9
                  The lowest possible break in snooker, clearing ALL 21 balls, is 37

                  This is achieved as follows:

                  The player breaks and all 15 reds are potted (not likely but theoretically possible): 15 points
                  He takes one yellow with these reds: 17 points
                  He pots yellow, green, brown, blue and pink: 37 points
                  He then pots the black but goes in off with the white so the black does not count!

                  Total score: 37 points

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by les147 View Post
                    The lowest possible break in snooker, clearing ALL 21 balls, is 37

                    This is achieved as follows:

                    The player breaks and all 15 reds are potted (not likely but theoretically possible): 15 points
                    He takes one yellow with these reds: 17 points
                    He pots yellow, green, brown, blue and pink: 37 points
                    He then pots the black but goes in off with the white so the black does not count!

                    Total score: 37 points
                    I don't think it's possible due to the laws of physics on the table. I mean, to sink all fifteen balls in one go would require a force that would make the cue ball leave the table?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      But possible

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Lowest Total Clearance?

                        surely the laws of physics says it is possible its the laws of probability which says its unlikely

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by golferson123 View Post
                          surely the laws of physics says it is possible its the laws of probability which says its unlikely
                          The problem would be energy loss even if the balls were in such a formation that they could all pot. There's just no way of hitting the CB hard enough with 18oz to be able to transfer enough energy in to the reds to sink them all. Probability wouldn't be such a factor, as if the collision causing 15 pots is on, then it's on.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I remember reading on here a while back about someone trying to pot all 15 reds as a trickshot, but got nowhere near no matter how he positioned them. It would be interesting to see how many you could realistically get.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Odrl View Post
                              I remember reading on here a while back about someone trying to pot all 15 reds as a trickshot, but got nowhere near no matter how he positioned them. It would be interesting to see how many you could realistically get.
                              I'd let someone place the balls any which way they wanted to on the table and I'd bet against them potting all 15 in one go.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X