No announcement yet.

Lowest Total Clearance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could not swear to it but I am pretty sure I have done it in under 100 points after one of those safety battles that stick all the reds behind the baulk line.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by les147 View Post
      The lowest possible break in snooker, clearing ALL 21 balls, is 37

This is achieved as follows:

The player breaks and all 15 reds are potted (not likely but theoretically possible): 15 points
      He takes one yellow with these reds: 17 points
      He pots yellow, green, brown, blue and pink: 37 points
      He then pots the black but goes in off with the white so the black does not count!

Total score: 37 points
      Well in this case, not all 21 balls are cleared by the player. As the last one is in-off, so the black will be re-placed with cue ball in Baulk D area for the opposite player. So in this case, it is neither total clearance nor all balls are considered legally pot and accounted for..Or am I missing something here..I am not that good in snooker rules.
      I Admire Ding, Adore Judd & Would do ANYTHING to play like Ronnie.

Comment

Originally Posted by _Harry_Potter_ View Post
        Well in this case, not all 21 balls are cleared by the player. As the last one is in-off, so the black will be re-placed with cue ball in Baulk D area for the opposite player. So in this case, it is neither total clearance nor all balls are considered legally pot and accounted for..Or am I missing something here..I am not that good in snooker rules.
        the only time when the black is respotted and the cue ball in hand from the D is when the scores are level; all other times the following rule applies:sec 2.1
        Sec 2.1 Frame
        A frame of snooker comprises the period of the play from the start (see Section 3 Rule 3(c)), with all the balls set as described in Section 3 Rule 2, each player playing in turn until the frame is completed by:
        (c) the final pot or foul when; Black is the only object ball remaining on the table (see Section 3 Rule 4);
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          the only time when the black is respotted and the cue ball in hand from the D is when the scores are level; all other times the following rule applies:sec 2.1
          Sec 2.1 Frame
          A frame of snooker comprises the period of the play from the start (see Section 3 Rule 3(c)), with all the balls set as described in Section 3 Rule 2, each player playing in turn until the frame is completed by:
          (c) the final pot or foul when; Black is the only object ball remaining on the table (see Section 3 Rule 4);
          Thanks DeanH. I forgot the score equal part - Told you..not that good with rules.

As we are talking of frame completion..I remember one time when Ronnie was playing against Michael Holt and Ronnie scored some total 75 points and Holt was around 20 I guess. Ronnie missed the color clearance and sat in his seat as there were only 27 points on table and he was well ahead. The frame win counter was increased for Ronnie obviously expecting M. Holt won't continue his game but surprisingly he continued playing and tried to give Ronnie a snooker on Yellow.

It was really funny how Ronnie deliberately started hitting blue/pink/brown balls just out of annoyance. He was literally laughing at Holt stupidity as if he thought he would cover 60 points with snookes. Ronnie didn't pot a single on-color ball and kept on playing foul balls, even Referee had to come by the smiling Ronnie side and told him to play nicely but its Ronnie we are talking.

Finally Holt, out of his own shame or crowd laughs, cleared the color balls with some really good long pots and close cushions shots. It was really funny watching Ronnie playing foul shots just to satisfy Holt stupidity.
          Last edited by _Harry_Potter_; 1 September 2015, 11:44 AM.
          I Admire Ding, Adore Judd & Would do ANYTHING to play like Ronnie.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            Sec 2.1 Frame
            As mentioned afterwards, the black would not be re-spotted.

However, the 37 break would NOT count as a total clearance. For a total clearance, all balls must be potted. The black was not potted, it was fouled.

Comment

In the late 70s Canadian pro John Bear ran a table clearance 72 against me in an exhibition match. Early in the frame, the yellow had been replaced by a red which took the spot with the yellow ending up maybe 6" from its corner pocket. John was forced to take on a shot to nothing which he potted and ended on the baulk cushion leaving a thin back cut on the yellow which he made (black spot was open) Given the angle on the yellow, John ended up in the balls. I think he had made 6 yellows, while unsuccessfully attempting to chip the black into play when he looks at me with that infectious smile of his and says I wonder if anyone has ever ran a perfect with yellows? Then continued the run making all yellows, then ran the colours for a "perfect" 72

Comment

Working...
              X