Burroughs & Watts cue and case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burroughs & Watts cue and case

I have 'found' a snooker cue in my garage it is in a metal case [slightly rusty] and with a name of BURROUGHS & WATTS inside is a cue with a shiny, I guess, mother of pearl plate inserted into the cue which says "anti grip cue JP Mamock registered it is i think made of pear wood. and other I have some images I can send if required.
    What I need to know is 1] it it worth any money, 2] where would you sell such an item is the cue AND case worth money or just the cue?

Thanks in advance for answers
    Haileybury924

Case worth nothing, cue worth a fair bit ;-)
    Measure the cue length and diameter of the tip end, and take pics, you might sell it on here, or ebay

Comment

Originally Posted by Haileybury924 View Post
      I have 'found' a snooker cue in my garage it is in a metal case [slightly rusty] and with a name of BURROUGHS & WATTS inside is a cue with a shiny, I guess, mother of pearl plate inserted into the cue which says "anti grip cue JP Mamock registered it is i think made of pear wood. and other I have some images I can send if required.
      What I need to know is 1] it it worth any money, 2] where would you sell such an item is the cue AND case worth money or just the cue?

Thanks in advance for answers
      Haileybury924
      Keep the cue, it will be valuable and collectable. Don't sell it to cue traders, they'll try and fleece you.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
        Keep the cue, it will be valuable and collectable. Don't sell it to cue traders, they'll try and fleece you.
        Although, if he never sells it, i'll not be valuable, it'll be a cue with potential value, not released. . .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I'll start the bidding........... £20

Nice find though mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
            I'll start the bidding........... £20

Nice find though mate.
            haha! Keep the cue, it's an investment. Something to show ya mates. If you do sell, ebay is the one. Or watch the ebay similar items to gauge a price on there, and then sell it for the same or a bit more on here; no ebay fees. Plenty of options, including a slightly higher than bidding, ebay buy it now price. But I'd hang on to it, lovely cues those.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
              haha! Keep the cue, it's an investment. Something to show ya mates. If you do sell, ebay is the one. Or watch the ebay similar items to gauge a price on there, and then sell it for the same or a bit more on here; no ebay fees. Plenty of options, including a slightly higher than bidding, ebay buy it now price. But I'd hang on to it, lovely cues those.

.... Yep, he has options for sure.... he didnt mention if he plays Snooker or not though.

Comment

Pearwood possibly a lot more common then maybe a maple or ash so that will reflect the price

Comment

My guess is scammer looking for a mark. Probably the easiest cue to find the value of as regularly sell on eBay, and if they know nothing about it how would they know it's pear wood? First cheeky offer of £100 by PayPal gift gets what they deserve.
                  No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

thank you for your interesting replies, I happen to know about timber as I was in the timber trade for many years and no I don't play the game but i not a scammer!

Comment

Originally Posted by Haileybury924 View Post
                      thank you for your interesting replies, I happen to know about timber as I was in the timber trade for many years and no I don't play the game but i not a scammer!
                      Fair play mate. There are so many scammers on ebay selling dodgy cues that the paranoid on here have become cynical about everyone and every cue, so take no offence. If you have photos, that would be grand. You may not be able to port them here with so few posts on your account but you could put them on a photo hosting site like tiny pics for free without having to register an account, then link them here.
                      Last edited by Master Blaster; 30 July 2015, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Any measurements/pics yet ?

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                          Any measurements/pics yet ?
                          No, funny that! Lol
                          No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Working...
                          X