kamui chalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kamui chalk

Just a quick one lads, I bought a cue with omin red tip on and I'm told that kamui chalk is what will be best for it? At £23 I'd hope it potted the balls for me but is this right or are there alternative chalks I could use as standard chalk doesn't sit well on it.

I purchased this awhile ago just to check a piece and try it on a kamui black tip. Chalk worked great but it leaves that much on it easily sticks to the cue ball leaving blue marks. Could have been dirt/grease on balls. What I do now is when I'm preparing my tip, after scuffing I'll use the kamui chalk then scuff it again and use green triangle. Kamui gator grip good for scuffing easily. Kamui chalk cushions shot much more and only need to chalk every 4 or 5 shots. Probably reasonable value because it lasts a while.

Comment

I may be wrong but I do not think I have ever seen any of the pro players using it ! you can buy a awful lot of Triangle or Master Chalk for £23

Comment

Originally Posted by denja View Post
        I may be wrong but I do not think I have ever seen any of the pro players using it ! you can buy a awful lot of Triangle or Master Chalk for £23
        Good for practising with, especially for those of us who can't be bothered to chalk. Can easily go 20 shots without rechalking. Bad for coating the cue ball.

Overall, avoid.

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
          ...especially for those of us who can't be bothered to chalk. ...
          How lazy can anyone be ?? i do it whilst walking around to play the next shot, all natural no thought required at all

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
            How lazy can anyone be ?? i do it whilst walking around to play the next shot, all natural no thought required at all
            I have never met anyone lazier, that's for certain. I play without chalking until i miscue (when practising). It's surprising how many shots that can be, actually...

Comment

Originally Posted by crg147 View Post
              Just a quick one lads, I bought a cue with omin red tip on and I'm told that kamui chalk is what will be best for it? At £23 I'd hope it potted the balls for me but is this right or are there alternative chalks I could use as standard chalk doesn't sit well on it.
              The omin red are very hard, the occasional scuff every now and then is all thats needed though, no fancy chalk required

Comment

Good for practising with, especially for those of us who can't be bothered to chalk. Can easily go 20 shots without rechalking. Bad for coating the cue ball.

Overall, avoid.
                Chaulking your cue especially before key shots encourages a good pre shot routine watch any of the top players they will chaulk the cue whilst picking out the line or observing the table. Stick to tried and tested triangle chaulk!!!!!!1

Comment

U can try the new colors.
                  I am using the kamui maple and there are 2 more colors available. Light Green (Forrest Green as they call it ) & Grey (Silver Grey).

These definitely DO NOT mark the cue ball.

Overall, avoid.

Comment

That's interesting I used it ordinary kamui and loved the way it chalks and feels but yes it marks cue ball so I agree avoid.

Are you saying get a colour like white that does not show up. Cos it will still be on the White ball or are you saying it won't stick to it as much?

Comment

Dear Byrom:

I am attaching the links for you.
                      I have bought all the 3 colors of kamui and I like the maple color. It does not mark the cue ball at all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kamui-Chalk-...AAAOSwgkRVUjtr

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                      That's interesting I used it ordinary kamui and loved the way it chalks and feels but yes it marks cue ball so I agree avoid.

Are you saying get a colour like white that does not show up. Cos it will still be on the White ball or are you saying it won't stick to it as much?

Comment

Thanks very much I will try it

Comment

Working...
                        X