Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing for a snooker with only black on the table?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing for a snooker with only black on the table?

I know that title sounds ridiculous, but bare with.

The player at the table, with only pink and black left, pots the pink and goes 13 in front. He walks away from the table and waits for the other player to concede. Would his opponent be allowed to try and 'jaw' his opponent in the hope of gaining a seven point penalty (with the black to follow to win) ?
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

sorry but no;
    Sec 2.1. Frame
    A frame of snooker ... each player playing in turn until the frame is completed by:
    (a) ...
    (b) claim by the striker when; Black is the only object ball remaining on the table, aggregate points are not relevant, and there is a difference of more than seven points between the scores in his favour;

in your scenario, there is more than 7 points difference, so the striker has already claimed the frame, frame over, no concession required.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Ohh Billy Billy Billy surely you know you can't do that! !

Comment

Well you'd think, wouldn't you? But I'm getting quite old now, and my brain has a tendency to wander off on its own occasionally... you know, a bit like Homer's does.

Anyway, thanks for the answer, Dean.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Playing for a snooker with only black on the table?

Homer brain "I'm outta here" footsteps heard and door slams - love it

you are not the only one, I recall listening to two old codgers on the table next to me. one player pots and goes in off and promptly says "7 to you but you have to still pot the black to win" the other guy was already more than 7 ahead looked at him, shrugged his shoulders and nonchalantly places the white in the D and clips the spotted black into a corner. Shakes hands, packs his cue and walks out
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
          X