No announcement yet.

putting side on the cueball unintentionally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

although one of those coaches told me that concentrate hitting centre of cueball

yeah i always thought i hit centre of cueball, but that looks centre to me, but to coach it looked like im putting right hand side

if someone put side after the delivery thats abit easier to fix but before the delivery and before even start featuring, thats hard

Comment

Originally Posted by mustafa.ansarie View Post
      although one of those coaches told me that concentrate hitting centre of cueball

yeah i always thought i hit centre of cueball, but that looks centre to me, but to coach it looked like im putting right hand side

if someone put side after the delivery thats abit easier to fix but before the delivery and before even start featuring, thats hard
      The coach can see you are addressing the ball with right hand side so you are not getting down on the line of the shot. He wants you to get down as if you are aiming with left side to balance it up and hit centre ball. Best way to do this is move your stance to the left a bit you should hit centre ball then. The game is all about trial and error to find out if certain things work for you. Don't overthink the problem, you are hitting right so easier to move left instead of thinking cueing across the ball.

I do this all the time on long straight blues from baulk line, I tend to start and be hitting one jaw regular so adjust and find centre pocket as I know I cue straight so i must be slightly off line.

Comment

hi mustafa, you could have a look at this thread: http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ghlight=cueing

Comment

well thats y im confused caz i asked him
          he said no need to move to left or right, or move the cue under the chin
          just hit abit to the left

Comment

thank you mate

Comment

How can you just hit a bit left without moving anything? Somethings got to move to get you aiming in a different place.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

well thats line of the aim, which most player finds it easily but they cant find centre of the ball
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsw8ZhvYJBE
                watch this video, he says the same thing as my coach told me

gotta hit to the left of cueball until its centre

Comment

well thats line of the aim, which most player finds it easily but they cant find centre of the ball

Sounds like you have your solution already, just put the hours in on the table and go back to your coach for him to check your progress.

Comment

Yep Americans wearing Stetsons, they always have the answers, and if they don't they will bomb you untill you agree with them.
                    Can I ask you how you get your cue on the line, from your video it looks like your totally focused on the cue ball. It's hard to tell but your eyes don't seem to be on the object ball at any stage as you are getting down on the shot.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

i stand behind the shot, and find the line of aim while looking at the object ball, i walk into the shot and place my right foot on the line of the aim
                      i do look at object ball, maybe its not clear in the video
                      i did try moving my body and i moved the cue under my chin, although the coach told me just keep putting side until you get used to it
                      but i still am putting right side( well to me it always looks centre of the cueball ) and when i put left side that looks to me that im putting left hand side, but in reality thats the centre of cueball

if there was a dot in the centre of cueball, i might be able to get used to it, but since theres nothing its abit hard
                      even if i get a training ball which has dot , its hard to practice since again i have to setup that cueball myself, and adjust the dot on the centre of cueball to practice

i only noticed that when putting left side on cueball my game has extreamly improved, which shows its the thing thats stopping me from making high breaks
                      but the negative part is , i feel im putting left side, and it makes the line of aim offline, and i miss the shot

although the other method is also available, as someone also mentioned in this post already, aim at the bottom of cueball as if u were mis cue and then hit the centre, thats how jimmy white plays too

the other thing i wanna share is that i did try to find my dominent eye and its my right eye, but my coach said i put the cue over my left eye, but i feel its in the centre
                      although i asked my coach if i can move the cue , but he said no

dnt know but its a hard thing to fix

Comment

lay your cue on the baulk line behind the green, put your head down until it is middle ball, thats where your head should be

Comment

i m fine with the line of aim, its just my eyes telling me the wrong centre ball
                          the spot that i think is middle its not, although my eyes tell me that exactly the centre of the cueball
                          my cue is always on line if i play in baulk line
                          the coach told me ( u can hear it in the video too ) that some people's eyes are stronger than the other thats y , one eye shows you a different view

if it was the line of aim, its easy to fix
                          its just the centre of cue ball which i hard to find
                          although i hit the centre, but thats centre to me, to the coach it looks i put right side
                          thats y he asked me to put left side until you train ur eyes to believe thats not left side and thats the real centre ball

Comment

i m fine with the line of aim, its just my eyes telling me the wrong centre ball
                            the spot that i think is middle its not, although my eyes tell me that exactly the centre of the cueball
                            my cue is always on line if i play in baulk line
                            the coach told me ( u can hear it in the video too ) that some people's eyes are stronger than the other thats y , one eye shows you a different view

if it was the line of aim, its easy to fix
                            its just the centre of cue ball which i hard to find
                            although i hit the centre, but thats centre to me, to the coach it looks i put right side
                            thats y he asked me to put left side until you train ur eyes to believe thats not left side and thats the real centre ball
                            So now you are on line of aim except cue tip is always to the right of centre cue ball. Your coach wouldn't mean cueing across the ball with left hand side. He wants you to realise where you get down but then start thinking that is wrong and get down left of shot so your tip is centre cue ball. Do it enough times and it will become natural.

Comment

yeah i know
                              but the problem is i dont know that my cue tip is to the right of centre unless i play up and down and i see the side
                              to me it looks centre
                              so its abit hard to put left side even standing behind the shot and thinking of putting left side and getting down straight awy and hitting that spot
                              caz once you are down u have to look at cueball once again, and that messes everything

i did try mark selby's way
                              i moved my head while down on the shot
                              like left right , left right to see centre of cueball from both sides
                              but its a hard task

when you r standing u cant find exactly a spot with left side to hit, and when you are down and u put left side, it makes you off caz u r putting side

Comment

yeah i know
                                but the problem is i dont know that my cue tip is to the right of centre unless i play up and down and i see the side
                                to me it looks centre
                                so its abit hard to put left side even standing behind the shot and thinking of putting left side and getting down straight awy and hitting that spot
                                caz once you are down u have to look at cueball once again, and that messes everything

i did try mark selby's way
                                i moved my head while down on the shot
                                like left right , left right to see centre of cueball from both sides
                                but its a hard task

when you r standing u cant find exactly a spot with left side to hit, and when you are down and u put left side, it makes you off caz u r putting side
                                If your not happy you should book a one to one session with your coach again. The only way you will fix your problem is on the table and it will be easier to do with a coach looking over you.

Non of the professionals you mention have a problem, that is just how they have always played. Like them you have to find your own way of playing.

Your coach saying re train your eyes means hitting 100s of shots to find out what works for you, not just try and then say it's hard. Need to think about what goes wrong and adjust till it's right.

Comment

Working...
                                X