X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why my games worse?

been playing for 6 years, used to play really good until i saw two coaches
    had highest break of 60
    last year i saw a coach which changed my natural aiming , i used to play naturaly
    when i was down on the shot, i used to look at cueball then obj ball then pocket, while featuring and at the time of strike i cant even remember wat i was looking, but the coach said just look at cue ball and obj bal and never ever look at pocket. lock ur eyes on obj ball and strike
    i told him i cant play without lookin the pocket but he said hendry is the only one does that
    after that i started changing the aiming and now after amlost 1 year , i miss most of the ball inches away from pocket
    i miss easy shots
    even a beginner can beat me
    i know its my aiming
    bcaz as soon as i hit the cue bal hits somewhere else on object ball
    my lineup is perfect, grip is perfect
    so stance
    my cueing isnt perfect but stil soneone with bad cueing wont miss easy balls
    its not about east balls
    i misse ball way off pocket
    it just feels that i cant aim
    any suggestio

Go back to doing what you did previously?
    Hendry isn't the only person who aims like this, it just isn't taught to beginners as it isn't considered the easiest way to sight as you then have 3 things to look at (cue ball, object ball and pocked). Your highest break is 60, there was no need to tear your game apart. Massive error on your coaches behalf in my opinion.
    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

well the thing is i tried to go back and saw a coach
      but even if i try to look at pocket-obj-cueball , my eyes still look at object when strikin
      dnt know how to reset the aiming
      the thing is that i get lost when locking my eye on object ball
      i tried spoting a dot on object ball hitting that spot, but it doesnt work for all angles
      i tried the ghost ball method, didnt work caz its hard to visualize a ghost ball
      asked the coach if theres an arch area in object to look at but he said u just aim the spot on the object which is opposite the pocket

any suggestion?
      im certain that this is my aiming but still how do i know if its my cueing or aiming

Comment

Stop trying and over thinking for a bit, see if you can get your natural game back, then build back up from there. Try Frank Callan 's book, he was a great believer in using what works for you rather than sticking to the Joe Davis rule book, he worked with Hendry as well.
        No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by mrafghan View Post
          been playing for 6 years, used to play really good until i saw two coaches
          had highest break of 60
          last year i saw a coach which changed my natural aiming , i used to play naturaly
          when i was down on the shot, i used to look at cueball then obj ball then pocket, while featuring and at the time of strike i cant even remember wat i was looking, but the coach said just look at cue ball and obj bal and never ever look at pocket. lock ur eyes on obj ball and strike
          Coach probably meant to not focus on the pocket, of course it's always there and no doubt everyone looks at it to find the line of aim, Hendry gave the pocket a quick glance in the middle of his feathers, didn't focus on it on the strike, on the strike he was focussing on the object ball.

Your coach maybe shouldn't have mentioned it at all, but he did and it seems to have mucked up your natural eye rhythm, so you need to relax and play without thinking, try to get back to where you were before, only you can do this.

Comment

You used to play well until you started worrying about unnecessary facets of your technique.

Forget about them, play a bit and your level will return.

Comment

i might stick with looking to the object ball while striking
              maybe im looking the white for too long
              i look at cueball then object, white object then i keep watching cueball where i aim, and when the cue is all the way near my thumb ( bridge hand) i stare at objectball
              correct me if im wronge
              im thinking maybe i should be looking at the object ball quicker and stare at it
              im sure im doing something wrong
              since i saw the coach once again, and he said just stare at the object ball
              he said some people stroke twice while looking at cueball, then he looks at obj ball then white, then as he brings the cue back, he locks his eye on the object ball, and locks the eye there, and the eye is stil there, while striking

im so confused with this cueball object ball method, since i used to look at the pocket too
              but i did try to go back
              but the objectball method feels comfortable, its just that it doesnt work
              and i miss pots way off the pocket
              i used to miss only 1 inch off pocket, but now most of my shots are meters awy from pocket

Comment

i changed my grip and i played abit better
                dnt know the correct way of this grip
                the way ronnie does it
                holding with middle finder and thumb but the forefinger is too loose, not sure how he does it, can anyone explain ronnie's grip

Comment

Originally Posted by mustafa.ansarie View Post
                  i might stick with looking to the object ball while striking
                  maybe im looking the white for too long
                  i look at cueball then object, white object then i keep watching cueball where i aim, and when the cue is all the way near my thumb ( bridge hand) i stare at objectball
                  correct me if im wronge
                  im thinking maybe i should be looking at the object ball quicker and stare at it
                  im sure im doing something wrong
                  since i saw the coach once again, and he said just stare at the object ball
                  he said some people stroke twice while looking at cueball, then he looks at obj ball then white, then as he brings the cue back, he locks his eye on the object ball, and locks the eye there, and the eye is stil there, while striking

im so confused with this cueball object ball method, since i used to look at the pocket too
                  but i did try to go back
                  but the objectball method feels comfortable, its just that it doesnt work
                  and i miss pots way off the pocket
                  i used to miss only 1 inch off pocket, but now most of my shots are meters awy from pocket
                  You are really struggling, I tried to offer help on your other thread about not seeing centre white.

Comment

your in a bad place at the moment and no amount of advice will help, it will plague you throughout your snooker playing term the only solution is one of your own, just practice and play, what works keep and does not discard

Comment

Are there two different posters with the same problem on this thread or one poster with two accounts? , I'm a bit confused.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        Are there two different posters with the same problem on this thread or one poster with two accounts? , I'm a bit confused.
                        itsnoteasy to understand is it!!!
                        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                          I'd say one poster with 2 accounts and logged in on the wrong account to reply.

Comment

Shocker! Someone with more than one account? Who could it be???

Comment

I know you say you're lined up perfectly but missing by so far suggests you're off line somewhere to me...

Comment

Working...
                              X