Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Types of snooker (the verb not the noun)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Types of snooker (the verb not the noun)

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the different types of snookers that exist – and one in particular. I'm not certain if they all have names but I've tried really hard to Google an answer to this but I think the problem is the noun vs verb issue.

Anyway, to make my question easier I have created a very crude image of what I mean in the one particular example. In this example imagine that you approach the table and are on the final red, what I've tried to show is that the cue ball has been left in such a position that you can't actually hit the red ball directly. What is this snooker called?

Myself and my friends have always (seemingly wrongly) referred to this as a 'Chinese snooker', however after some googling (and sifting through endless photos of Ding Junhui) I understand this to be a Chinese snooker (where your bridge arm has to be higher up to get over a ball very close to it):

So my question is; what is the first one called?

Are there other types of snookers that have names?

Original Source: Snooker Questions - Post New Thread http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz43pecOgMP
    - TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk
    Follow us: @TheSnookerForum on Twitter | TheSnookerForum on Facebook

I'd say in the first one you're "knuckled" but some people say "angled"

Comment

We call it "angled" around my clubs

Comment

angled yes, jawed as well but jawed also could mean a pot that did not drop but hit the angle and left over the jaw

Comment

Does no-one else say knuckled?

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
            Does no-one else say knuckled?
            Knuckled for me.

Comment

Maybe it's a Scottish thing.

Comment

Types of snooker (the verb not the noun)

Nah nuckled is the one I'd use

Comment

I use 'grunted' maybe we're strange in Liverpool

Comment

Here in London Ontario Canada we say angled or corner hooked, we also say banked vs doubled and to kick we call to greek :-)

Comment

Two snookers for me ## the jammy ones and the good shot ones

Comment

What about the self-imposed ones?

Comment

Oh yeah the suicidal ones - I stand corrected three types

Them types of bad run shots can hurt the most.

Last edited by Byrom; 25 March 2016, 11:10 AM.

Comment

who else was it recently that used these exact pictures for describing things????? hmmmmm

Comment

The optical illusion snooker.
                              This comes in two forms, first when your not sure you can see a ball, past another, it looks really tight, go for it and you could get a bus through the gap.
                              Second ,convinced you can see the ball past another , go for it and hit the blocking ball in such a way that there was never a gap there to go for.
                              I hope that's not just me lol, my eyes are quite bad.
                              Last edited by itsnoteasy; 25 March 2016, 04:29 PM.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                              X